Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

visiting while awaiting a decision

Wikiposts

visiting while awaiting a decision

Old Jun 6th 2002, 9:20 pm
Lee Barton

Default visiting while awaiting a decision

Hi,

I have submitted an application under the independant category, and am planning on
visiting canada 4 times in the next 6 months to visit friends, attend a friends
wedding, and look around for employment opportunites and make contact with rental
places etc to smooth my transition to Canadian life.

Will I have any issues coming in 4 times as a visitor with a pending application - 3
of the trips will be a 1 week duration and i intend to spend 2 weeks over christmas
and new year in canada.

I will always have return tickets, but should I bring anything else with me to show
that I have to return to the UK if I can, and if so what can i bring?

Best Regards, and thanks in advance! Lee

Old Jun 7th 2002, 9:20 am
None Noner

Default Re: visiting while awaiting a decision

> I have submitted an application under the independant category, and am planning on
    > visiting canada 4 times in the next 6 months to visit friends, attend a friends
    > wedding, and look around for employment opportunites and make contact with rental
    > places etc to smooth my transition to Canadian life.
    >
    > Will I have any issues coming in 4 times as a visitor with a pending application -
    > 3 of the trips will be a 1 week duration and i intend to spend 2 weeks over
    > christmas and new year in canada.

I would think not, you would fall into the classification of dual intent, and as
such the fact that you have a pending PR application should not be grounds for a
refusal of entry.

> I will always have return tickets, but should I bring anything else with me to show
    > that I have to return to the UK if I can, and if so what can i bring?

A letter from your current employer that you are still working, proof of residence in
the UK, etc. Things that may demonstrate that you intend to leave after your visit.

Also, you should tell them at the port of entry that you have a pending PR
application, because chances are they will find out anyway, and may look at you with
suspicion if you forget to mention that yourself.

--
Posted via Mailgate.ORG Server - http://www.Mailgate.ORG

Old Jun 7th 2002, 1:20 pm
Meg Lamont

Default Re: visiting while awaiting a decision

While my application was in progress, July 1999, I visited Canada several times and
some for a couple of weeks at a time without any hassel. I received my landing papers
in February 2000 and did not officially land until October 2000.

Good luck,

Meg

"Lee Barton" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have submitted an application under the independant category, and am planning on
    > visiting canada 4 times in the next 6 months to visit friends, attend a friends
    > wedding, and look around for employment opportunites and make contact with rental
    > places etc to smooth my transition to Canadian life.
    >
    > Will I have any issues coming in 4 times as a visitor with a pending application -
    > 3 of the trips will be a 1 week duration and i intend to spend 2 weeks over
    > christmas and new year in canada.
    >
    > I will always have return tickets, but should I bring anything else with me to show
    > that I have to return to the UK if I can, and if so what can i bring?
    >
    > Best Regards, and thanks in advance! Lee