Wikiposts

Visiting CHC

Old Jun 4th 2007, 9:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: The Vancouver Suburbs... for the next few years anyway!
The TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud of
Default Visiting CHC

We're thinking about visiting CHC as we suspect our medical info has been "misplaced" and the processing time for spousal visas is listed on their website as 6 months and we're about to pass that...

This link was posted in a previous thread http://www.canada.org.uk/visa-info/Bulletin4.htm which says that you can no longer visit in person but when I went onto the CHC site I couldn't find the page...

Has anyone gone down recently? Does it matter who goes down - sponsor or applicant?

Thanks all...

emily
Old Jun 5th 2007, 12:16 am
Just Joined

Paws is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Visiting CHC

I recently visited them as my name was wrong on the medical form and I had no luck with mailing them.

I noticed on one of their websites that you could visit between 8am and 11am so I went there in person and arrived just after 8am. I explained myself to the man behind reception and was told that as they were not busy he would send me upstairs to speak to someone.

After I spoke to someone I was asked to take a seat while they sorted out my paperwork. While I was sat there I noticed a sign saying that anyone with queries should fill out a form and leave it at reception and then someone would contact you within 48 hours.

Paragraph 2 in the link below tells you about visiting them.

http://www.canada.org.uk/visa-info/Bulletin4.htm

If you're not too far from London it may be worth trying or at least filling out a form there. It seems that there are quite a few problems with mailing them. If you do want to email them you can try http://www.dfait-maeci.gc.ca/canada-...mbassy5-en.asp and then click on "contact us" at the top of the page which will link you to an email option.

i have successfully emailed them in the past and received a reply in about a week or so but they seem to have changed something and I could not get it to work recently.

Good luck with whatever decision you make.

PS I'm the main applicant and I suspect it's best if the main applicant goes there.
Old Jun 5th 2007, 1:18 am
BE Enthusiast

The TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud of

Thanks Paws thats exactly what I wanted to hear. We have emailed using the form but haven't heard anything hence being even more frustrated!

We've decided to go together tomorrow so we can cover all bases. If all we have to do is fill in the form then so be it - although I'm hoping someone will take pity on us and help us out!
Old Jun 5th 2007, 1:45 am
Analyst for hire

Ben W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond repute

You say your processing time of 6 months is about to pass, but then you say in your signature that your AOR is 13/02/07. That means six months is middle of August. The times are from when you AOR not when they get the stuff in the post.
Old Jun 5th 2007, 2:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ben W Bell
You say your processing time of 6 months is about to pass, but then you say in your signature that your AOR is 13/02/07. That means six months is middle of August. The times are from when you AOR not when they get the stuff in the post.
I understood from the website that its from when they began processing my sponsorship application in Mississauga (its a spousal sponsorship). Which is in Jan...
Old Jun 5th 2007, 2:09 am
Analyst for hire

Ben W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The TWs
I understood from the website that its from when they began processing my sponsorship application in Mississauga (its a spousal sponsorship). Which is in Jan...
Okay I don't know how they work it for that, but if that is the case you still have another month and a bit to go before your 6 months.
Old Jun 5th 2007, 2:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ben W Bell
Okay I don't know how they work it for that, but if that is the case you still have another month and a bit to go before your 6 months.
True... just realised that... damn...
Old Jun 5th 2007, 2:56 am
Analyst for hire

Originally Posted by The TWs
True... just realised that... damn...
That's okay, thought you'd just miscounted. Only just under five months so far. Patience my young padawan, your time will come.

It's frustrating I know, but try waiting two and a half years.
Old Jun 5th 2007, 10:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

I posted this in the family timeline thread but thought I'd post it here too in case it helps someone searching:

So... I always think you have to rely on your intuition and I was def right about this...

When we got our last request for documents the note on it asked for more photos so they could request our medical. Which would have been fine except for the fact that we'd already sent them! I then emailed AND sent a message on the web form and heard nothing back from either... So this morning OH and I went down to CHC (one of the bonuses of living in London).

We waited for a bit and then spoke to a very helpful lady who said that they now definitely have the medical attached our file (and she appologised that they didn't reply to us) but she said what they were waiting on our payment of the Permanent Resident fee - to this I immeadiately produced my receipt from the internet payment. She seemed even more puzzled and then asked us to fill out a form, made a copy of our payment receipt and I gave her a copy of the medical form, just in case. She told us that it seems that they had lost the info on the payment as they were querying Canada on the payment which is what was holding us up. She then told us to leave it with her and with a big smile told us that it should all be sorted "very soon".

So no doom and gloom from CHC - in fact they were very nice. I would say if you have any concerns and have emailed and done the form and left it a little while there is no harm in going to see them!!! So I am much happier and less anxious now! Hooray!
Old Jun 5th 2007, 10:48 pm
Analyst for hire

Ah so despite the fact you were paranoid they really were out to get you. Well glad you've got that all sorted and everything is okay now.