visiting canada for three months

Old Feb 29th 2012, 2:14 pm
Forum Regular

JakeCanada is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: visiting canada for three months

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
It wasnt a visa it was a work permit. You are looking at changing over from worker to visitor status.
Read this link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/extend-stay.asp
It was a visa as I left after that to get a work permit.
Old Feb 29th 2012, 2:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

So are you a UK citizen and if not what is your citizenship?
Old Feb 29th 2012, 2:32 pm
Forum Regular

JakeCanada is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
So are you a UK citizen and if not what is your citizenship?
Yes i am a UK citizen - I don't know why I got given a temp resident visa but I got one.. then I left and applied for the IEC and got that now I am awaiting a reply from iec for my second WHV but I think im getting rejected because I have been out the country for 18months as I lived in Mexico prior to Canada as a dependent of my step dad

Not really fair that I get rejected because I moved to a country not having a choice really.. lol

I need to stay for longer than my current visa so I can apply for common-law with my gf. I am just going to apply for one at port of entry.. I have enough funds so I don't know what reason could make me inadmissible? I want to apply for a LMO but I don't think i'm getting payed enough which sucks.
Old Feb 29th 2012, 5:24 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

As has been explained previously, all you need to do is download the forms for a change of conditions from worker to visitor and to extend your stay. You do not need to leave the country to do this. Fill out the forms, show proof of sufficient funds to remain (or get your girl friend to write a letter) and you could also mention that you are submitting an application for PR. If you can afford to pay the initial PR application fee's then send a copy of this marked "copy for information only" - chances are you will get a 1 year visitor extention. You will not be able to work as a visitor though, so be aware and you must ensure that CIC receive the application before your current working holiday visa expires.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...ns/visitor.asp

Depending on which Province you are residing in, you may be able to get a work permit if your job is semi-skilled.