visiting canada for three months

Old Feb 20th 2012, 9:44 pm
Just Joined

jayna is an unknown quantity at this point
Default visiting canada for three months

I wish to visit canada for four months with my daughter and will be staying with my fiance ..im a little worried about what the immigration may say at arrival in to Toronto as they always give me grief(lol) also intend on getting a tutor for my daughter which i am looking in too ...is there any reason for refused entry ??

Any info would be great .Thanks
Old Feb 20th 2012, 10:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: visiting canada for three months

Wiil you have permission from the father or court documents (full custody) to take the child to Canada? Will you have a return ticket and sufficient funds for your stay?
As long as you meet the requirements and satisfy the examining officer that you will return home and have legal possession of the child then you should be ok.
It appears you have been here before.
Old Feb 21st 2012, 5:25 pm
Just Joined

Yes to everything ...Thanks for your reply .We are still deciding on dates
Old Feb 28th 2012, 10:36 am
Just Joined

I am aware i need a letter of consent from the father which is fine but i am getting confused the Canadian foreign advise website states a letter of consent is required but there is no mention of this letter nedding to be signed/stamped by a solictor .

would the consent form be ok being signed by a witness :friend or relative ?

Any advise would be great .Ive been to Toronto before with my daughter and no letter was required but i just want to be sure for this visit.

Thanks again
Old Feb 28th 2012, 1:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

A notarized letter is preferred with contact details should CBSA wish to contact the other parent.
Old Feb 28th 2012, 2:43 pm
Just Joined

Thank you for replying i will look in to this.
Old Feb 28th 2012, 8:32 pm
Just Joined

Can any one advise is it normal to pay £80 pounds for a notarized letter?

Thanks
Old Feb 29th 2012, 11:07 am
Just Joined

Got a reply from the Canadian embassy by email:

Whilst we do recommend that the consent letter from the other parent be notarized, this is not required.

Along with your child's longform birth certificate, you should bring any custody-related documents pertaining to the child. You may also wish to bring a copy of the other parent's passport and his contact details

Therefore not gonna bother paying £80 when its not required.
Old Feb 29th 2012, 11:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Maryland (via Belfast, Manchester, Toronto and London)
MarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jayna
Can any one advise is it normal to pay £80 pounds for a notarized letter?
£80 is excessive. See if you can find someone else who will do it for much less.

http://www.thenotariessociety.org.uk/find-a-notary

http://www.mynotary.co.uk/index.php

In the US and Canada, I can have documents notarized for free at my bank. Each branch usually has a notary on staff.
Old Feb 29th 2012, 12:24 pm
Forum Regular

JakeCanada is an unknown quantity at this point

I may need to get a temp resident visa for 6 months - anyone know what requirements I will need to meet at entry to receive this?

Thanks in advance.

Jake.
Old Feb 29th 2012, 1:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by JakeCanada
I may need to get a temp resident visa for 6 months - anyone know what requirements I will need to meet at entry to receive this?

Thanks in advance.

Jake.
Basically you will have to satisfy an officer that you are admissible into Canada i.e. no criminal convictions (dui, assault, theft etc), you will have sufficient funds to support yourself or relatives/friends in Canada willing to support you, you will not work or study and will return back to your country of residence and why you need to be here for that period of time.
A Temp Res Visa to me means you are coming from a country where a visa is required to come to Canada. UK citizens travelling on a UK passport do not require a visa to visit Canada.
Old Feb 29th 2012, 1:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Basically you will have to satisfy an officer that you are admissible into Canada i.e. no criminal convictions (dui, assault, theft etc), you will have sufficient funds to support yourself or relatives/friends in Canada willing to support you, you will not work or study and will return back to your country of residence and why you need to be here for that period of time.
A Temp Res Visa to me means you are coming from a country where a visa is required to come to Canada. UK citizens travelling on a UK passport do not require a visa to visit Canada.
Ok thanks for the info - Is there a specific amount I will need for funds? I am getting a temp resident because I need 1 month more for me and my gf to become common-law.. so a temp resident visa will be required right?
Old Feb 29th 2012, 1:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ok thanks for the info - Is there a specific amount I will need for funds? I am getting a temp resident because I need 1 month more for me and my gf to become common-law.. so a temp resident visa will be required right?
Only persons coming from TRV requiring countries need a visa.
UK citizens do not require a TRV. You are making the mistake of thinking that a stamp in your passport to visit is a visa its not.
Are you already in Canada living with gf? Are you thinking of extending your stay?
Common law definition (basic part)
•you have been living together in a conjugal relationship for at least one year in a continuous 12-month period that was not interrupted. (You are allowed short absences for business travel or family reasons, however.)

If you are not living together at the moment then common law will not apply.
Old Feb 29th 2012, 2:03 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Only persons coming from TRV requiring countries need a visa.
UK citizens do not require a TRV. You are making the mistake of thinking that a stamp in your passport to visit is a visa its not.
Are you already in Canada living with gf? Are you thinking of extending your stay?
Common law definition (basic part)
•you have been living together in a conjugal relationship for at least one year in a continuous 12-month period that was not interrupted. (You are allowed short absences for business travel or family reasons, however.)

If you are not living together at the moment then common law will not apply.
Yes we are living together at the moment, we have been living together since may, except we got Joint back accounts in june and bills from june to now - my working visa runs out on may 16th .. I need to stay until June.. I am not talking about a stamp. First time I came to Canada I was given a temp resident visa that was on a sheet of paper stapled to my passport for 6 months.
Old Feb 29th 2012, 2:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yes we are living together at the moment, we have been living together since may, except we got Joint back accounts in june and bills from june to now - my working visa runs out on may 16th .. I need to stay until June.. I am not talking about a stamp. First time I came to Canada I was given a temp resident visa that was on a sheet of paper stapled to my passport for 6 months.
It wasnt a visa it was a work permit. You are looking at changing over from worker to visitor status.
Read this link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/extend-stay.asp

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.