Visiting Canada for 6 months

Old Jan 6th 2017, 3:47 pm
Just Joined

Xylnaeri is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Visiting Canada for 6 months

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Way too much overthinking and what if etc etc.

So you want to visit your boyfriend for 6 months.

1. Buy a return ticket.
2. Have evidence ready like your own bank statement showing you have money in an account which shows you are not destitute i.e. have no money.
3. Apply for the eTA.
4. Fly to Canada. Tip don't show up with 18 x suitcases.
5. On the declaration card put length of stay as 180 days.

Anything from here on is pure speculation as to what may or may not happen. Have your boyfriends name and address and contact number on you.
If asked purpose of your trip answer visiting my boyfriend.
How long will you be staying?
About 6 months I have a return ticket for X date.
Have you been to Canada before?
Yes Ive visited X times.

Just based on that alone is sufficient to stamp you in for the 6 months.
Answer truthfully any questions. Once the 1st lie has been told then your credibility is shot. If he's your boyfriend then tell them as opposed to visiting a friend.

You have been admitted before and complied so why should they think different this time?
I just read so many things, so I guess it just put so much fear in me

I did talk to him about it and he even said, well they let you stay for two months, and you went back, so what's the big deal?

I wont be packing more than one check-in baggage and my carry-on either

How much money, ish, would they find sufficient for 6 months?
Old Jan 6th 2017, 3:50 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by OttawaLo
That show. Puts the fear of god into me. I remember that exact episode though! The mother in law was like "he won't even be allowed to wash the dishes I promise".

Off topic but.. I also remember a news story a few years back about a guy who got deported from Canada for helping his girlfriend paint her apartment! There were pictures on her phone or something. So crazy!
Hahaha, wash the dishes, I mean if that's work, then I'm in a lot of trouble

Like people come with the worst stories and it makes me so afraid, even if I haven't had any problems the other times i visited
Plus I get so damn nervous because they're always so angry D:
Old Jan 6th 2017, 4:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Xylnaeri

I did talk to him about it and he even said, well they let you stay for two months, and you went back, so what's the big deal?

That again is a question that can't be answered easily but having only a hundred euros or Danish krone in a bank account probably wouldn't cut it.
In a worst case scenario its funds that you might need access for or are available.
The bank of mum and dad is also taken into consideration. How much do you think you would need for 6 months?
Old Jan 6th 2017, 4:16 pm
Just Joined

That again is a question that can't be answered easily but having only a hundred euros or Danish krone in a bank account probably wouldn't cut it.
In a worst case scenario its funds that you might need access for or are available.
The bank of mum and dad is also taken into consideration. How much do you think you would need for 6 months?
I have a savings account with 41k danish kroner
And then I have my own account where I will have around 10k danish kroner, plus around 200-300 dollars in cash
Old Jan 6th 2017, 4:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

I have a savings account with 41k danish kroner
And then I have my own account where I will have around 10k danish kroner, plus around 200-300 dollars in cash
That will cut it
Old Jan 7th 2017, 2:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

In case you don't know, Former Lancastrian is a cbsa officer. Listen to what he's told you.
Old Jan 8th 2017, 9:02 pm
Just Joined

That will cut it
So I wouldn't need to prove any home ties at all?
Old Jan 8th 2017, 9:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

So I wouldn't need to prove any home ties at all?
Only in extreme circumstances i.e. if CBSA thought you were not going to go home.
Old Jan 8th 2017, 10:24 pm
Just Joined

Only in extreme circumstances i.e. if CBSA thought you were not going to go home.
Well in case they don't, wouldn't it be smart to have some proof?
And what proof would I be able to bring, considering I dont have a job, school or any loans, etc.?
Old Jan 8th 2017, 10:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Well in case they don't, wouldn't it be smart to have some proof?
And what proof would I be able to bring, considering I dont have a job, school or any loans, etc.?
You are way overthinking this. What proof do you have that you could produce if asked that you live with your parents? Im guessing none apart from a letter they could write saying you lived with them. How would a CBSA officer know it was a genuine letter.

All you will need is a return ticket and for convenience take a recent bank statement showing amount in your account. THATS ALL YOU NEED.
Don't over complicate things.
Old Jan 8th 2017, 10:51 pm
Just Joined

You are way overthinking this. What proof do you have that you could produce if asked that you live with your parents? Im guessing none apart from a letter they could write saying you lived with them. How would a CBSA officer know it was a genuine letter.

All you will need is a return ticket and for convenience take a recent bank statement showing amount in your account. THATS ALL YOU NEED.
Don't over complicate things.
I thought maybe my health insurance card, since it has my name, address and my social security number.
I could provide a photocopy of my mothers as well, showing the same address, but if it really isn't necessary.

I'm just very worried, since I've heard that some people have been asked further questions and hardly got through.
Old Jan 8th 2017, 11:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I thought maybe my health insurance card, since it has my name, address and my social security number.
I could provide a photocopy of my mothers as well, showing the same address, but if it really isn't necessary.

I'm just very worried, since I've heard that some people have been asked further questions and hardly got through.
Probably because they were being evasive in answering routine questions like saying visiting a friend when its actually boyfriend/girlfriend, not having return tickets, no proof of sufficient funds to cover their stay, not knowing where they were going etc etc etc.
Old Jan 8th 2017, 11:16 pm
Just Joined

Probably because they were being evasive in answering routine questions like saying visiting a friend when its actually boyfriend/girlfriend, not having return tickets, no proof of sufficient funds to cover their stay, not knowing where they were going etc etc etc.
Oh, that makes sense.

Not knowing where they were going, like where they're staying?
Old Jan 9th 2017, 2:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

Don't over complicate things
This!!