Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Visiting with a battery conviction

Visiting with a battery conviction

Old Sep 1st 2014, 1:54 am
Forum Regular

lostinsask has a reputation beyond reputelostinsask has a reputation beyond reputelostinsask has a reputation beyond reputelostinsask has a reputation beyond reputelostinsask has a reputation beyond reputelostinsask has a reputation beyond reputelostinsask has a reputation beyond reputelostinsask has a reputation beyond reputelostinsask has a reputation beyond reputelostinsask has a reputation beyond reputelostinsask has a reputation beyond repute
Default Visiting with a battery conviction

Hello My friend from back in the UK would like to come over and visit. he was charged with battery in the UK in 2006 appeared in court and had to pay compensation to the victim and court costs. The incident was due to my friend being singled out in a night club because of his sexuality. He defended himself and unfortunately suffered the consequences. I would like to know if he would have to apply for rehabilitation due to this conviction or would he be ok just to come over to visit without any problems.
Thank you in advance
Old Sep 1st 2014, 2:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visiting with a battery conviction

Originally Posted by lostinsask
Hello My friend from back in the UK would like to come over and visit. he was charged with battery in the UK in 2006 appeared in court and had to pay compensation to the victim and court costs. The incident was due to my friend being singled out in a night club because of his sexuality. He defended himself and unfortunately suffered the consequences. I would like to know if he would have to apply for rehabilitation due to this conviction or would he be ok just to come over to visit without any problems.
Thank you in advance
Legally he should be applying for rehabilitation as this offence equates to assault.
He could apply for an info only to see if CIC London consider the UK Rehabilitation of Offenders Act would be considered.
Application for Rehabilitation for Persons Who Are Inadmissible to Canada Because of Past Criminal Activity
Old Sep 1st 2014, 2:17 am
Forum Regular

lostinsask has a reputation beyond reputelostinsask has a reputation beyond reputelostinsask has a reputation beyond reputelostinsask has a reputation beyond reputelostinsask has a reputation beyond reputelostinsask has a reputation beyond reputelostinsask has a reputation beyond reputelostinsask has a reputation beyond reputelostinsask has a reputation beyond reputelostinsask has a reputation beyond reputelostinsask has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visiting with a battery conviction

Thank you. Thats what i thought he would have to do. I will let him know and get the ball rolling. Thanks again for the info.