Visit Visa

Old Sep 26th 2011, 8:44 pm
Just Joined

Tcleugh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visit Visa

How can I extend my visit visa to Canada, presently in NB trying, I am to be here for a year to fulfill the common-in-law requirements? I am presently here till end of Nov 11 on this Visit Visa? I am a Hair Dresser by trade and willing to work if I can get a Work Visa,

Last edited by Tcleugh; Sep 26th 2011 at 8:49 pm.
Old Sep 26th 2011, 9:51 pm
BTJ
Occasionally Useful

BTJ is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Visit Visa

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/extend-stay.asp

To work you will need an employer to get an positive LMO (labour market opinion) (which is unlikely for a hairdresser), to allow you to apply for a work permit. If you are under 30/35 and from UK/Ireland also have a look at the IEC Working Holiday Permit which should be available from January 2012 (probably).
Old Sep 29th 2011, 7:55 pm
Just Joined

Tcleugh is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BTJ
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/extend-stay.asp

To work you will need an employer to get an positive LMO (labour market opinion) (which is unlikely for a hairdresser), to allow you to apply for a work permit. If you are under 30/35 and from UK/Ireland also have a look at the IEC Working Holiday Permit which should be available from January 2012 (probably).
I am above 35 so that don't work, right now I am staying with my canadian boyfriend and trying to go for the "Common in Law" option. but My visa runs out in Nov and I need to get it extended.
Old Sep 30th 2011, 7:28 am
BTJ
Occasionally Useful

BTJ is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Tcleugh
I am above 35 so that don't work, right now I am staying with my canadian boyfriend and trying to go for the "Common in Law" option. but My visa runs out in Nov and I need to get it extended.
The link to visitor extension was in my original post.
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 5:13 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Yup I would agrree with the above - apply to extend your visitor visa for 12 months, stating the reason being that you are applying for common law pr sponsorship and see what happens from there.