visit refusal?

Old Jan 19th 2010, 2:19 pm
Just Joined

deb1321 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default visit refusal?

i would be most gratful for any help on this subject. i have realatives in bc. have been over several times, love it and the big picture is to emergrate. problem is oh has drive drive conviction. not good i know and think we understand the criminal rehab process. my question is if we send in the forms for information only, just to clarifiy exact date when he can start the process, is this likely to cause us any probs on future visits as the cic would be aware of his conviction? we have never been asked when entering canada about this before so never had any probs visiting. But really concerned this would draw attention to it if we want to visit again this year or are we being paranoid!! many thanks for reading x
Old Jan 19th 2010, 4:57 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: visit refusal?

You will have to edit your post so that we can determine the charge and penalty. Was it drink drive or?
Old Jan 19th 2010, 7:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Martin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant future
Default Re: visit refusal?

Originally Posted by deb1321
i would be most gratful for any help on this subject. i have realatives in bc. have been over several times, love it and the big picture is to emergrate. problem is oh has drive drive conviction. not good i know and think we understand the criminal rehab process. my question is if we send in the forms for information only, just to clarifiy exact date when he can start the process, is this likely to cause us any probs on future visits as the cic would be aware of his conviction? we have never been asked when entering canada about this before so never had any probs visiting. But really concerned this would draw attention to it if we want to visit again this year or are we being paranoid!! many thanks for reading x
I am sorry to say that if it is drink driving within the last five years then I believe you may have an issue even visiting.

Jim may have more detail given his background.

Cheers

Martin