Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Visit friends in USA after landing for PR visit

Visit friends in USA after landing for PR visit

Old Jul 23rd 2011, 6:17 am
Forum Regular

cooldude is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visit friends in USA after landing for PR visit

Hi All,

I am landing in Vancuver to validate my PR visa and head back after 10 days to my resident country.

During this visit I plan to visit my friend in Seattle, WA for coulpe of days. I am applying for tourist visa to get in USA. I have following question.

- The PR VISA on the passport says one entry, if I visit out of canada what document can help me to allow entry back in Vancuver??

I have heard of travel document but it takes time to get it.

Has any body tried this ??

Please suggest what options do I have ??

Regards,
Cooldude
Old Jul 23rd 2011, 12:48 pm
Forum Regular

Scotjames is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Visit friends in USA after landing for PR visit

Do you hold a UK passport ?
On your return into Canada you can show your COPR ( should have been stapled into your passport during Landing Process.
Regards your USA visit this will cost you $6 ( USA DOLLAR ONLY ) to cross a land border crossing and provided every things ok you'll receive a 90 day visitors visa.
The bottom part of the green form you will complete at the USA border is 'stapled in to passport' and you'll be fingerprint & eye scanned as well.
Old Jul 24th 2011, 4:18 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

As it seems you do not have a visa waiver passport (for Canada) you have two options to return, without a PR Card:

1. Cross the land border with your passport + COPR (copy may be enough); OR

2. Get a Travel Document from a CIC office in the USA to allow you to travel back commercially.
Old Jul 27th 2011, 5:56 am
Forum Regular

cooldude is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi JAJ and Scotjames,

thanks for replying. This answers my question.

Regards,
cooldude