Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Visit Buffalo to Check on my application

Visit Buffalo to Check on my application

Old Aug 9th 2005, 3:56 am
Forum Regular

CanadaMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Visit Buffalo to Check on my application

Did anyone visit Buffalo office and check his application in person. I am planning to visit buffalo and I thought to check my PR application. I finished medical on April 1, 2005.

Please let me know if someone have done it before or if there are any problem with that.
Old Aug 9th 2005, 4:01 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Visit Buffalo to Check on my application

They won't let you inside, don't waste your time.

If you done medicals in April and case is in Buffalo then it is easy to assume that you got interview waiver shortly before April.

Your background/security check has been initiated after interview waiver (or after additional documents were received if requested in IA letter) and it may take anywhwre from few months to well over a year to conclude - nothing you or anyone can do to speed it up. Be patient.

Originally Posted by CanadaMan
Did anyone visit Buffalo office and check his application in person. I am planning to visit buffalo and I thought to check my PR application. I finished medical on April 1, 2005.

Please let me know if someone have done it before or if there are any problem with that.
Old Aug 9th 2005, 4:09 am
Forum Regular

Thank you for quick update. I will wait.

Old Aug 9th 2005, 5:53 am
London, UK

newlooks is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for quick update. I will wait.

Hi,

Did ur eclient says "Medical results have been received". It is usually a sign that background checks have been finished.

I am also waiting for PPR.

Regards

newlooks
Old Aug 9th 2005, 7:38 am
Forum Regular

My eclient says "in the process"

Old Aug 9th 2005, 7:46 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm sorry but it is not true. "Medicals received" indicates only what it says, nothing more and definitely nothing about background check stage.

Originally Posted by newlooks
Hi,

Did ur eclient says "Medical results have been received". It is usually a sign that background checks have been finished.

I am also waiting for PPR.

Regards

newlooks
Old Aug 10th 2005, 12:31 am
Forum Regular

MadHatters will become famous soon enoughMadHatters will become famous soon enough

I understand New Look's question. I got my medicals done by May 05. I called to Health services in canada and they told me that they sent medicals to buffalo. So far I have not heard anything from them, Therefore, i am assuming that there are no problems with them. However, the e-client still says "in process". In most of the cases that I read here, the e-client changes to medicals received or process completed when they request de passport.

comments abut it?

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
I'm sorry but it is not true. "Medicals received" indicates only what it says, nothing more and definitely nothing about background check stage.
Old Aug 10th 2005, 12:48 am
London, UK

Originally Posted by MadHatters
I understand New Look's question. I got my medicals done by May 05. I called to Health services in canada and they told me that they sent medicals to buffalo. So far I have not heard anything from them, Therefore, i am assuming that there are no problems with them. However, the e-client still says "in process". In most of the cases that I read here, the e-client changes to medicals received or process completed when they request de passport.

comments abut it?
Madhatters,

Glad to know that ur medical results r sent to buffalo.U r right, in most of the cases when eclient changes to "Medical results have been received", usually one gets a request for passport or additional docs not submitted/lost, requested at the time of IA.

My eclient changed to "Medical results have been received" on March 07, 2005 and i got a letter on March 9, 2005 asking for additional docs(even though i submitted when i did my medicals).

After that i added my son and recently CHC, Buffalo confirmed that they have received his medical results. I am hoping PPR anytime.

So check eclient every monday and if it is changed, PPR is on its way

Good luck

Regards

newlooks
Old Aug 10th 2005, 3:09 am
Forum Regular

traceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to all

You are not allowed to visit the Buffalo office in person, you just have to wait it out. I am in a similar position. I applied to Buffalo in Feb. 04 and everything went amazingly quickly up until Nov. 04. Thats when we submitted medicals, additional docs, etc. Since then, NOTHING! I got my CAIPS notes and the medicals were fine, they are just waiting on security and background checks. I've kind of given up on the whole thing to be honest. Obviously we will have to have medicals done again as they expire in Nov., (more wasted time and wasted money). You just have to froget it and get on with life! Good luck, Tracey
Old Aug 10th 2005, 3:28 am
Just Joined

junmart is an unknown quantity at this point

MADHATTERS:

Can you give me the number for Health Services Canada as I need to check when they sent my medicals to Buffalo?

Thanks a million!

Originally Posted by traceyparker1
You are not allowed to visit the Buffalo office in person, you just have to wait it out. I am in a similar position. I applied to Buffalo in Feb. 04 and everything went amazingly quickly up until Nov. 04. Thats when we submitted medicals, additional docs, etc. Since then, NOTHING! I got my CAIPS notes and the medicals were fine, they are just waiting on security and background checks. I've kind of given up on the whole thing to be honest. Obviously we will have to have medicals done again as they expire in Nov., (more wasted time and wasted money). You just have to froget it and get on with life! Good luck, Tracey
Old Aug 10th 2005, 3:35 am
London, UK

Originally Posted by junmart
MADHATTERS:

Can you give me the number for Health Services Canada as I need to check when they sent my medicals to Buffalo?

Thanks a million!

Hi,

I sent u PM

Regards

newlooks
Old Aug 10th 2005, 3:45 am
Just Joined

NEWLOOKS:

I got your message. Thank you very much!

Originally Posted by newlooks
Hi,

I sent u PM

Regards

newlooks
Old Aug 10th 2005, 4:50 am
Forum Regular

MadHatters will become famous soon enoughMadHatters will become famous soon enough

I don't recommend calling there since it is supposed to be a private number. Imagine if everyone calls. The lady asked me where I got the number and I told her that i got it from a friend of mine, anyways she told me that meds where in buffalo....

NEWLOOKS:

I got your message. Thank you very much!
Old Aug 10th 2005, 5:59 am
Just Joined

I had already called them before I read your message. The lady told me exactly the same thing, that it's a private number and the public is not supposed to be calling them etc. She still looked in their computer and told me our meds have been sent to Buffalo but she refused to say when. Anyways, it's enough for me to know that Buffalo already has our medical results and not lost somewhere.

Thank you again for your help!

Originally Posted by MadHatters
I don't recommend calling there since it is supposed to be a private number. Imagine if everyone calls. The lady asked me where I got the number and I told her that i got it from a friend of mine, anyways she told me that meds where in buffalo....
Old Aug 10th 2005, 7:50 am
Forum Regular

Junmart, what is your timeline?

I had already called them before I read your message. The lady told me exactly the same thing, that it's a private number and the public is not supposed to be calling them etc. She still looked in their computer and told me our meds have been sent to Buffalo but she refused to say when. Anyways, it's enough for me to know that Buffalo already has our medical results and not lost somewhere.

Thank you again for your help!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.