Visa's at last !!!!!!!!

Old Nov 22nd 2009, 11:12 am
Forum Regular

beckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Visa's at last !!!!!!!!

Joinerboy,
We've sent our forms to our consultant. We need to sign some papers, send another cheque and then our forms are off to Sydney for the first part of the process. My OH's profession is on the list of 38 so we're hoping for a visa within the next 12 months. We'll land as soon as we get our visas and then starts the process of tying things up this end.
We're heading to Toronto as we have friends there. I am looking forward to exploring the Rockies once we live over there.
Becky
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 11:18 am
BE Forum Addict

joinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beckybev
Joinerboy,
We've sent our forms to our consultant. We need to sign some papers, send another cheque and then our forms are off to Sydney for the first part of the process. My OH's profession is on the list of 38 so we're hoping for a visa within the next 12 months. We'll land as soon as we get our visas and then starts the process of tying things up this end.
We're heading to Toronto as we have friends there. I am looking forward to exploring the Rockies once we live over there.
Becky

Hi Becky
You mention a consultant have you considered applying directly to CIC via the FSWcat1 route, if your case/history is straight forward/uncomplicated its possible to obtain PR within 6-12m.

regards
Joinerboy
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 11:39 am
Forum Regular

Location: Larkfield, Kent, Landed Toronto July 09, perm move to Cambridge March 2010
moley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by craig1972
YIPEEEEEEEEEEEE
We have now got our request for passports at last !!! Only 34 months wait. Celebrating all weekend. Will be going to calgary in April. Does anyone know of any good house rental companies?

Good luck to everyone else. Cheers to everyone for their support.

Craig

Congratulations and the best of luck for the move!!!
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 12:11 pm
Forum Regular

beckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for the advice but our case has a few complications so we preferred to go via a consultant. We figured that we're only doing it once, it was worth spending the extra money to get it right. We should still get PR within 12 months, which is fine as we're not ready to go earlier.
I'm so jealous that you're landing soon.
Becky
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 12:22 pm
Just Joined

craig1972 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Joinerboy

I have been trying to find out if there is still a landing fee! do you know if there is?

Cheers Craig
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

spooooook is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers for the reply. We live in penwortham. What about you? Are you renting to start with?

Craig
I'm currently staying in Grimsargh after selling my house in Fulwood.

I am definitely renting - one thing I have picked up from this forum is that you are nuts if you buy straight away, particularly so given the crap exchange rate at the moment.

Are you going to teach in Calgary?
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 7:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

joinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Joinerboy

I have been trying to find out if there is still a landing fee! do you know if there is?

Cheers Craig
Hi craig1972

RPRF - Right of Permanent Residence Fee ( Landing fee ) is $490 for the Principle Applicant & $490 for Spouse / Common Law Partner
regards
Joinerboy
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 9:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Walsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant future

Congrats Craig and well done on getting this far! Here's to landing!

Moira.