The visas are here!!!!

Old Aug 13th 2011, 8:34 am
BE Forum Addict

izzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond repute
Default The visas are here!!!!

I don't know how to start lol.. I'm sitting here grinning at the PC. Our passports came back to us today, with nice shiny visas in them! Yay! I was surprised there wasn't a photo as part of the visa, but I guess they know what they're doing. Our photos are stuck to our paperwork which I'll have to find a very safe place for.

One important point - we decided to post down our passports because flying was too expensive. We got them back in under 2 weeks. Faster than if we'd handed them in in person!

Thanks again to everyone here who has offered support and advice, it's been invaluable.

So... now it's time to catalogue everything we own ( )... oh and break it to the family that we are *definitely* going.

woohoooo!
Old Aug 13th 2011, 9:32 am
Done!

engineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: The visas are here!!!!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY! What fabulous news they really seem to be speeding things up in London with the posting of the passports. I know you were worried about a couple of things you forgot in the package but it was all for nothing. I don't think visas have photos on them, just a feeling I got from looking at others peoples visas on google images.
Old Aug 13th 2011, 11:17 am
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Izzie, great feeling when its all done
Old Aug 13th 2011, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

Mhut is a jewel in the roughMhut is a jewel in the roughMhut is a jewel in the roughMhut is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by izzi81

I don't know how to start lol.. I'm sitting here grinning at the PC. Our passports came back to us today, with nice shiny visas in them! Yay! I was surprised there wasn't a photo as part of the visa, but I guess they know what they're doing. Our photos are stuck to our paperwork which I'll have to find a very safe place for.

One important point - we decided to post down our passports because flying was too expensive. We got them back in under 2 weeks. Faster than if we'd handed them in in person!

Thanks again to everyone here who has offered support and advice, it's been invaluable.

So... now it's time to catalogue everything we own ( )... oh and break it to the family that we are *definitely* going.

woohoooo!
Hey Izzi,

Wow that was a quick turnaround, and yes there is no photo on the visa in the passport.

Happy beginnings
Old Aug 13th 2011, 2:44 pm
Forum Regular

TheKellys5 is on a distinguished road

Congrats!!
Old Aug 13th 2011, 8:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

izzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond repute

thanks everyone... can't believe it's all done! I've been varying today between hugely excited and hugely worried lol. I guess that's to be expected.
It was indeed a fast turnaround of our passports.. couldn't believe it when they arrived today, and we're *so* glad we opted not to fly down when there was no need!

Can I just say... 'happy beginnings' is a lovely phrase thank you
Old Aug 14th 2011, 6:26 pm
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Many many congratulations! I too think 'Happy Beginings' is a LOVELY phrase!
Old Aug 15th 2011, 3:34 pm
Account Closed

Dave n Ailsa is an unknown quantity at this point

Very excited for you, and just a little bit jealous
Old Aug 15th 2011, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

etjotoft has a brilliant futureetjotoft has a brilliant futureetjotoft has a brilliant futureetjotoft has a brilliant futureetjotoft has a brilliant futureetjotoft has a brilliant futureetjotoft has a brilliant future

woohoooo!
Many congratulations hope all goes well. We fly out on Sunday - for good -movers coming Wed choas is all I will say but all good. Well done anyway
Old Aug 16th 2011, 1:43 am
Just Joined

Ducks will become famous soon enoughDucks will become famous soon enough

Congratulations! Ours just arrived this morning too, but took much longer - almost 7 weeks (although they had to send them to us in Canada and probably got caught up in the postal strike backlog on the way to London)! Good luck with the next part of the journey!
Old Aug 18th 2011, 12:48 am
BE Enthusiast

kmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to all

CONGRATS

i can understand your emotions especially having to inform everyone its real.. YOU REALLY ARE LEAVING!!!!!

ive been using the tracking system for canadapost and ours were posted from Ontario this morning so hoping to be perm residents by monday !!!!!

good luck for the next part of the journey and heres to the future

Kae

woohoooo!
Old Aug 18th 2011, 8:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

and now.... flights are booked!!!

We're going out to land in October, staying for just over a week, then flying on to.... Las Vegas!! which has bumped up the airfare and the cost of the trip, but we figure it's a celebration so we'll allow ourselves to go a bit mad lol - before the next phase of planning starts.

Woohooo!! Can't believe how much I've just spent on flights... but woohoo anyway!
Old Aug 19th 2011, 8:05 pm
BE user by choice

MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

izzi - can one ask how much does one spend on flights? Rough ideas with no individual sums much appreciated?
Old Aug 19th 2011, 8:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Travelling in October to Halifax NS there are not a lot of options; we went with Air Canada. If we'd just been flying to NS and not adding on the extra bit of Las Vegas, it was approx £620 per person, from Glasgow via London. It seems to go up by £100 each year we go

If you go in the summer you might get a cheaper deal from Canadian Affair, but we never seem to time our visits with their flight times lol
Old Aug 20th 2011, 6:23 am
BE user by choice

No, Izzi, we never seem to time our visits right anywhere either! Many thanks, for that I shall have a look around, we are heading to New Brunswick in October too! It's the kids school holidays at the end of October so they probably put the prices up especially.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.