VISAS!!!!

Old Apr 23rd 2010, 8:28 am
bjg
Forum Regular

bjg has a brilliant futurebjg has a brilliant futurebjg has a brilliant futurebjg has a brilliant futurebjg has a brilliant futurebjg has a brilliant future
Default VISAS!!!!

Hi all,
Just to say that after almost THREE years, we have finally got our grubby hands on two beautiful Visas!!
Almost can't believe it. I know we've still got to Land, but the sleepless nights, paranoia,form filling and worry is finally over (at this end at least!)
Collected them from a delightful French/Canadian woman at the CHC yesterday, on a beautiful sunny day in London.
It's so nice to deal with a person instead of just sending documents off to a faceless organization. She made the whole thing seem very personal, wishing us luck, and telling us not to leave booking a flight too long as you never know when a volcano will erupt!! Something that seemed to be affecting one forlorn soul sat in the office who it seems DID leave it too late!!

PHOTOS....
On the afternoon we took our passports to London(two weeks ago), we had a bit of a nightmare.....
On the instructions for photos it says NOT to use a ballpoint pen to sign the backs. So we dutifully signed with some sort of other ink pen the night before, expecting the ink to be dry by the following morning. WRONG!!
I picked up my photo and managed to smudge the writing on to the face of both photographs!!! PANIC!!
We managed to successfully 'blot' my wifes pics but mine were a gonna.

HERE'S THE GOOD BIT....
Running through Victoria station I stopped at the photo booth there and got a set of piccies. We then went over to Smiths bought a pair of scissors and cut the photos out, signed them with a ballpoint and popped them in our envelope to take to the CHC!
Obviously this rather unusual and last minute method works!!

LESSON....
CHECK THE INK'S DRY FIRST!!!!
It would seem that 'ordinary' Photo booth photos ARE acceptable, as are ballpoint pens, just don't press too hard!

Anyway, I would just like to say a HUGE thankyou, to all the nice people that answered my (at times stupid!) questions over the years.
We really couldn't have done it without you OR the fantastic resource that is British Expats.com.
Good luck to all of you and hang in there!!
I'm sure you haven't heard the last of me yet.
Now what landing questions do I need to ask.........?
Cheers,
BJG.

Last edited by bjg; Apr 23rd 2010 at 8:31 am.
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 8:33 am
Forum Regular

kamshaft is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: VISAS!!!!

Originally Posted by bjg
Hi all,
Just to say that after almost THREE years, we have finally got our grubby hands on two beautiful Visas!!
Almost can't believe it. I know we've still got to Land, but the sleepless nights, paranoia,form filling and worry is finally over (at this end at least!)
Collected them from a delightful French/Canadian woman at the CHC yesterday, on a beautiful sunny day in London.
It's so nice to deal with a person instead of just sending documents off to a faceless organization. She made the whole thing seem very personal, wishing us luck, and telling us not to leave booking a flight too long as you never know when a volcano will erupt!! Something that seemed to be affecting one forlorn soul sat in the office who it seems DID leave it too late!!

PHOTOS....
On the afternoon we took our passports to London(two weeks ago), we had a bit of a nightmare.....
On the instructions for photos it says NOT to use a ballpoint pen to sign the backs. So we dutifully signed with some sort of other ink pen the night before, expecting the ink to be dry by the following morning. WRONG!!
I picked up my photo and managed to smudge the writing on to the face of both photographs!!! PANIC!!

HERE'S THE GOOD BIT....
Running through Victoria station I stopped at the photo booth there and got a set of piccies. We then went over to Smiths bought a pair of scissors and cut the photos out, signed them with a ballpoint and popped them in our envelope to take to the CHC!

LESSON....
It would seem that 'ordinary' Photo booth photos ARE acceptable, as are ballpoint pens, just don't press too hard!

Anyway, I would just like to say a HUGE thankyou, to all the nice people that answered my (at times stupid!) questions over the years.
We really couldn't have done it without you OR the fantastic resource that is British Expats.com.
Cheers,
BJG.
Congrats on getting your visa's, you must be over the moon right now
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 8:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Near Colchester, Essex hoping to go to Port Moody, BC
singingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to behold

Many congratulations bjg - ours was just under three years too (and we used ballpoint pen !!)
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 8:50 am
Forum Regular

Steveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to all

I'm absolutely delighted for you......good luck for a wonderful future!
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 10:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Fantastic news another old system has managed to get through, hope all goes well from here on in
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 10:25 am
Forum Regular

sadieb has much to be proud ofsadieb has much to be proud ofsadieb has much to be proud ofsadieb has much to be proud ofsadieb has much to be proud ofsadieb has much to be proud ofsadieb has much to be proud ofsadieb has much to be proud ofsadieb has much to be proud ofsadieb has much to be proud ofsadieb has much to be proud of

Massive CONGRATULATIONS FOR YOU.

Sounds eventful but you got there in the end
WELL DONE

Lots of love and luck for the future
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 11:30 am
Purpe80 in another life..

Clematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations, and good luck for the future.
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 4:55 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by bjg
Hi all,

PHOTOS....

HERE'S THE GOOD BIT....

LESSON....

Cheers,
BJG.
1. It is quite possible that your photo booth pictures are not going to meet the specs for the PR card, so either get Immigration when you "land" to take new photos or you may find you self having to attend a local CIC to have new pictures taken. Then you wait and wait for the PR card.
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 5:39 pm
Forum Regular

PaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nice

I love reading posts like your's. Congratulations
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 6:35 pm

TheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations! It's such a great feeling when you finally receive them isn't it. We booked our flights as soon as we received them and flew the following week and haven't been back since!!!

Well done and all the best!

Old Apr 23rd 2010, 9:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

raymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to all

Congratulations and happy landing/moving.

Ray
Old Apr 24th 2010, 5:34 am
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
Its a great feeling isn't it? Ours took us 4 years with a one year Federal Court battle to endure too.....made it all the sweeter though when they came.
Good luck with the rest of your adventure!
lol
Stef

Originally Posted by bjg
Hi all,

PHOTOS....

HERE'S THE GOOD BIT....

LESSON....

Cheers,
BJG.