Visa Validity

Old Dec 3rd 2004, 5:16 pm
ibi
Just Joined

ibi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa Validity

Hello all
I have recieved my passports with immigrant visa stamped last month (Skilled Worker).
The visa validity was from 15 Oct 2004 to 15 March 2005 (6 months validity) But I have done my medicals on June 1st, 2004. Shouldn't the visa validity be one year from the medicals!! Shouldn't the visa expire on June 1st, 2005 instaed of Mrach 2005
Any thoughts / comments
Thank you
Old Dec 3rd 2004, 5:23 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Visa Validity

It may be valid for **up to** 12 months from medicals. There are many reasons for visa being valid for less than 12 months from medicals - most common is validity date of the passport (visa cannot be valid beyond validity of passport).

Originally Posted by ibi
Hello all
I have recieved my passports with immigrant visa stamped last month (Skilled Worker).
The visa validity was from 15 Oct 2004 to 15 March 2005 (6 months validity) But I have done my medicals on June 1st, 2004. Shouldn't the visa validity be one year from the medicals!! Shouldn't the visa expire on June 1st, 2005 instaed of Mrach 2005
Any thoughts / comments
Thank you
Old Dec 3rd 2004, 5:34 pm
Forum Regular

netkit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
It may be valid for **up to** 12 months from medicals. There are many reasons for visa being valid for less than 12 months from medicals - most common is validity date of the passport (visa cannot be valid beyond validity of passport).
visa validity not only depends on ur medicals but also depends on the expiry date of yours passort/any dependent passport accompaning u .w hich will falls first.
Old Dec 3rd 2004, 6:49 pm
Forum Regular

centauri is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Andrew,

Medical and passport validity aside, what are the other possible reasons that would somehow shorten the validity of the visa? Thanks

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
Old Dec 3rd 2004, 6:56 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

I can't think of any other reason than validity of medical decision or validity of passport.

Originally Posted by centauri
Hi Andrew,

Medical and passport validity aside, what are the other possible reasons that would somehow shorten the validity of the visa? Thanks
Old Dec 4th 2004, 12:56 am
ibi
Just Joined

ibi is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you Mr. Miller, your reasonings sounds very logical