Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

visa turned down for dependents having learning disorder?

Wikiposts

visa turned down for dependents having learning disorder?

Old Aug 22nd 2007, 1:24 am
Forum Regular

pbailey is an unknown quantity at this point
Question visa turned down for dependents having learning disorder?

Hi there,

Quick query, I am in the skilled worker process, my daughter has a mild learning disorder, she is in normal school, not statemented ect. The CIC asked for extra psychological reports on her which we sent off on 25th July. Has anyone had this themselves and if so did you still get your PPRs? I always think that no news is good news.
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 6:59 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: visa turned down for dependents having learning disorder?

Such reports may need to be referred to HQ and that would take about 4 to 5 months for a committee decision to be reached. It depends on what the reports say is the probable prognosis.
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 9:48 am
Forum Regular

cancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to behold

My husband is attending the doctor's tonight for a psychologist report, requested by CIC (to look into 'history of substance misuse).

Jim, can you tell me if his report would also be referred and application delayed as you have described? For us, I think a delay would be a good thing, given the other complications in our case!

Kellie

PS Sorry to hijack thread
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 10:33 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

The answer is that it could be depending on content of the report. Anodyne observations would not lead to referral.
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

cancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
The answer is that it could be depending on content of the report. Anodyne observations would not lead to referral.
Please excuse my ignorance, but what does anodyne mean?
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 10:45 am

Harmless.
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 11:18 am
Just Joined

solatic is an unknown quantity at this point

Harmless.
It means painless, not harmless.
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 11:36 am

anodyne \AN-uh-dyn\, adjective:
1. Serving to relieve pain; soothing.
2. Not likely to offend; bland; innocuous.
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 12:16 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

anodyne \AN-uh-dyn\, adjective:
1. Serving to relieve pain; soothing.
2. Not likely to offend; bland; innocuous.
Unlike post #7 then.
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 12:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

live to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond repute

Cancov

Hope all goes with your OH's doctors appointment. Let us know how he got on.
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 12:47 pm
Forum Regular

Ok, so he is back from the psychologist's. He next has to go for drug testing, which I am happy about because it will confirm what he is saying.

Psychologist asked him about past drug use, childhood (were you ever interfered with?), past jobs, education, when he lost his viginity, past relationships, current family make-up, and he had him do a memory test. I think that is it. I am hyper-anxious, worrying that he said all the wrong things, and the Dr will deem him a danger to society!
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

pbailey is an unknown quantity at this point

Many thanks Jim, for the info, I hope that it doesn't take that long, we will just have to wait I suppose. It's just something I hadn't thought would put a spanner in the works as she is such a mild case, and as she is extremely intelligent and top in most of her classes. she certainly won't put a drain on their education or health services. Many thanks.
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 7:04 am
BE Forum Addict

live to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond repute

I've got my fingers crossed for you and your OH cancov, but it sounds like you could be on the home straight as far as this hurdle goes.
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 4:02 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pbailey
Many thanks Jim, for the info, I hope that it doesn't take that long, we will just have to wait I suppose. It's just something I hadn't thought would put a spanner in the works as she is such a mild case, and as she is extremely intelligent and top in most of her classes. she certainly won't put a drain on their education or health services.
You may want to search for posts by GrayC - a CIC official banned his daughter from entering Canada for any reason after refusing the application on health grounds.
Old Aug 24th 2007, 3:36 am

The medical criteria will center around whether or not the child can live independently. I do not think it would be a problem with a well documented mild case, but I am not the "decider", nor am I a doctor of medicine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.