Visa Sponsorship

Old Dec 30th 2017, 3:25 am
Just Joined

Cuteteddy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa Sponsorship

Hi I'm new to this site, I just want to ask is it possible to bring my pregnant partner to canada even if we are not married yet? she is pregnant and she is in Philippines now I'm a Canadian citizen. tnx whoever can answer me
Old Dec 30th 2017, 4:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa Sponsorship

Read the IRCC webpage on spousal sponsorship at https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...-children.html.

The basic answer is: If you are a Canadian citizen who has not sponsored a partner within the last three years, AND you are either married to a partner, or you have lived together as a couple for at least 12 months, or you CANNOT do either of those things (nb: that is a firm 'cannot'. It doesn't count if it would be awkward, or cause hardship, they both have to be impossible) and have proof you have an ongoing physical and romantic relationship of over a year, then you will likely be able to sponsor them.

If none of those are met, you cannot sponsor them until you qualify for at least one of those options.
Old Dec 30th 2017, 4:12 am
Just Joined

Cuteteddy is an unknown quantity at this point

thank u very much for the response Vulcanoid, we have been in a long distance relationship for over a year now, ( not married yet but I always visit her every after 3 or for months, she is pregnant now with my child and we both intend to marry in canada and not in her country, so basically my concern is if she will be granted a visa even if we are not married yet but she is pregnant
Old Dec 30th 2017, 4:57 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cuteteddy
thank u very much for the response Vulcanoid, we have been in a long distance relationship for over a year now, ( not married yet but I always visit her every after 3 or for months, she is pregnant now with my child and we both intend to marry in canada and not in her country, so basically my concern is if she will be granted a visa even if we are not married yet but she is pregnant
Unfortunately, unless there is a reason that you haven't married - such as one of you is already married and unable to divorce at this time - and as you haven't lived together for a minimum of 12 consecutive months, you wouldn't be able to sponsor your g/f at this time. It would seem that she would need to get a visa to come to Canada as a visitor, which could be an issue if she is pregnant and not intending on returning to the Philippines.

Could you perhaps have a marriage ceremony in the Philippines (or another country nearby) and then apply to sponsor her? Once you got the approval in principal (AIP) it would be easier for her to enter Canada under dual intent.

You can read more here: Spousal Sponsorship-Canada : British Expat Wiki

You may also want to read this, about visiting Canada whilst pregnant https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...ing-birth.html

Another factor is the cost of the delivery and aftercare - unless your g/f has residency (PR) it's most likely that you would have to pay for that yourself, so another good reason to try to get her PR status sorted asap.

Last edited by Siouxie; Dec 30th 2017 at 5:50 am.
Old Dec 30th 2017, 5:04 am
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute

I have a very good friend in the US who married a woman from the Philippines - they married overseas and it took a lot of paperwork but her Green Card eventually came through.

If Immigration feels your partner is planning to enter Canada under false pretenses (for instance - on a "visitors visa" when planning to stay indefinitely), or planning to engage in activity not allowed under the category of visa (ie, off-book employment while on a visitors' visa) this could cause you and her massive, massive problems later on.

They don't make exceptions to their rules because an applicant finds them inconvenient or sees cheaper routes. You just have to do the hard yards, pay out the money and do everything legally.