Visa question

Old Feb 24th 2012, 5:54 pm
Forum Regular

chrissyb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa question

Hi all ,

My partner has just got back from a trip to Canada and has got a offer of employment.
He has bought back paperwork which they had for "Labour market opnion conformation" for a placement (giving them the rights to employ outside of Canada for a short space of time).

They are putting his name forward their end and have advised us to fill out all the necessary forms for a work permit.

Due to the circumstances can someone confirm the link below is all all the forms I need to fill out which are at the bottom of the page.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...pplication.asp

Hope someone can help.
Old Feb 24th 2012, 6:10 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa question

Nope, that's for a Provincial Nominee Program application (Permanent Residency).

The forms and all the other info you need for a TWP application are here - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/index.asp

But the easiest thing to do would be for your OH to just apply at the airport when he arrives (assuming he's eligible to of course), saves waiting another 8-10 weeks for it to be processed via London, and save you filling in the forms too!

Fingers crossed for the LMO, hope it's positive for you.
Old Feb 24th 2012, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

Ok thanks very much I will look into that.... I am guessing you mean when we arrive in Canada.

Silly question maybe but we would then have a one way ticket , would this cause a problem to depart?

Also in the LMO paperwork the wage is less than that on the job offer letter, could this affect anything ?
Old Feb 24th 2012, 6:29 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chrissyb
Ok thanks very much I will look into that.... I am guessing you mean when we arrive in Canada.

Silly question maybe but we would then have a one way ticket , would this cause a problem to depart?

Also in the LMO paperwork the wage is less than that on the job offer letter, could this affect anything ?
Yes, when you arrive in Canada. That's how most people do it. After waiting 3 or 4 months for the LMO most don't want to wait another 2 for the TWP as well! As long as you are UK citizens and don't need a medical, you can just get it when you arrive - full info in the Wiki article about where to apply for a TWP.

A one way ticket shouldn't cause an issue, but can cost more than a return bizarrely! It will depend on the airline though, do check with them that they are happy with you travelling one way on a TWP.

When you say the wage is less, is it prevailing wage? It must be for the LMO to be positive (and it needs to be at the higher end of the prevailing wage scale too). Why is it less than on the job offer letter?
Old Feb 24th 2012, 6:45 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Yes, when you arrive in Canada. That's how most people do it. After waiting 3 or 4 months for the LMO most don't want to wait another 2 for the TWP as well! As long as you are UK citizens and don't need a medical, you can just get it when you arrive - full info in the Wiki article about where to apply for a TWP.

A one way ticket shouldn't cause an issue, but can cost more than a return bizarrely! It will depend on the airline though, do check with them that they are happy with you travelling one way on a TWP.

When you say the wage is less, is it prevailing wage? It must be for the LMO to be positive (and it needs to be at the higher end of the prevailing wage scale too). Why is it less than on the job offer letter?
I am not too sure why it is less, However I do know before my partner there was another person who backed out last minute so this may have been the wage they offered him and the LMO was originally for him? just a thought However there is no name on the LMO is is literally just conformation. So on my partners job offer letter (which they will want to see) the wage is obviously more than it states in the LMO. Might just be me being picky but I like to of covered all areas!
Old Feb 24th 2012, 7:31 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

I am not too sure why it is less, However I do know before my partner there was another person who backed out last minute so this may have been the wage they offered him and the LMO was originally for him? just a thought However there is no name on the LMO is is literally just conformation. So on my partners job offer letter (which they will want to see) the wage is obviously more than it states in the LMO. Might just be me being picky but I like to of covered all areas!
You're right to be picky, I think it could be a problem tbh. What do you mean there is no name on the LMO? Have they actually applied for his LMO? They would need to give his details on that.
Old Feb 24th 2012, 7:44 pm
Forum Regular

You're right to be picky, I think it could be a problem tbh. What do you mean there is no name on the LMO? Have they actually applied for his LMO? They would need to give his details on that.
sorry I am problem confusing you the Company has been given LMO, I have got the paperwork they have been given proving this.

The companys name is on the LMO etc what I meant was a specific name of a person/future employee. So if they did originally apply for LMO for the previous person who backed out it does not state his/her name on the LMO conformation but this "could" be the reason why the wage was less as he/she may not have been as experienced as my partner.

All I am trying to say is the hourly rate on my partners job offer is more than the hourly wage on the LMO....I hope I havnt confused you more!!!
Old Feb 24th 2012, 7:54 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

sorry I am problem confusing you the Company has been given LMO, I have got the paperwork they have been given proving this.

The companys name is on the LMO etc what I meant was a specific name of a person/future employee. So if they did originally apply for LMO for the previous person who backed out it does not state his/her name on the LMO conformation but this "could" be the reason why the wage was less as he/she may not have been as experienced as my partner.

All I am trying to say is the hourly rate on my partners job offer is more than the hourly wage on the LMO....I hope I havnt confused you more!!!
Is it a blanket LMO maybe? That would explain why it doesn't have his name on it. When did he get the job, and when did they apply for the LMO? If they sorted it quickly, then it must be a blanket one as they're taking about 12-16 weeks at the moment.

If you've got the LMO already, then it shouldn't be an issue - I thought it could be a problem at the LMO application stage (as that's when the wages are looked at, to make sure they're market rate), but it seems you are past that.
Old Feb 24th 2012, 10:09 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Is it a blanket LMO maybe? That would explain why it doesn't have his name on it. When did he get the job, and when did they apply for the LMO? If they sorted it quickly, then it must be a blanket one as they're taking about 12-16 weeks at the moment.

If you've got the LMO already, then it shouldn't be an issue - I thought it could be a problem at the LMO application stage (as that's when the wages are looked at, to make sure they're market rate), but it seems you are past that.

LMO and AEO aren't supposed to have names on them. But when CBSA access the LMO on line, the name is there. So if the company gave him the LMO for another person, it might prove interesting. Here : is the Bulletin

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...2011/ob310.asp
Old May 30th 2012, 11:53 pm
Forum Regular

fatpantsss is an unknown quantity at this point

hi sorry to jump in this thread, but dont know how to make new thread newish to site.

my question is if i got an lmo from an employer and applied for a Permanent resident visa with it, what would happen if i lost the job or decided to quit the job at which the lmo was granted. would i lose my Permanent resident visa?

thanks in advance for replys
Old May 31st 2012, 6:28 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by fatpantsss
hi sorry to jump in this thread, but dont know how to make new thread newish to site.

my question is if i got an lmo from an employer and applied for a Permanent resident visa with it, wh
at would happen if i lost the job or decided to quit the job at which the lmo was granted. would i lose my Permanent resident visa?

thanks in advance for replys
Nope, once you've got PR it would make no difference, as you'd then have all the right of PR and can change jobs, stud), retire, set up your own business, whatever you want really.

HTH.