Visa query

Old May 23rd 2011, 3:54 pm
Just Joined

toddy22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa query

Hi

I have got all the paperwork through for our visa's, my wife has changed her passport as we got married earlier in the year, will she have a problem with immigration as her passport number is different to the one on visa paperwork.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Old May 23rd 2011, 4:04 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa query

Originally Posted by toddy22
Hi

I have got all the paperwork through for our visa's, my wife has changed her passport as we got married earlier in the year, will she have a problem with immigration as her passport number is different to the one on visa paperwork.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Paperwork as in PR card? Or Visa Request? Or confirmation that the process is underway? Or.....?
Old May 23rd 2011, 4:14 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by el_richo
Paperwork as in PR card? Or Visa Request? Or confirmation that the process is underway? Or.....?

its an application for visa, we need to give to immigration upon landing
Old May 23rd 2011, 4:32 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

its an application for visa, we need to give to immigration upon landing
What kind of visa?
Old May 23rd 2011, 4:34 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
What kind of visa?
Its a LOM visa which is in my name but obviously she is on it as well
Old May 23rd 2011, 4:36 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Its a LOM visa which is in my name but obviously she is on it as well
OK, that's a new one on me. What's a 'LOM visa'? Tried to think of what that acronym could stand for and not got a clue!

Edit: is it maybe LMO and you just got the letters the wrong way round? Though that's not a visa. So still confused!

Last edited by christmasoompa; May 23rd 2011 at 4:42 pm.
Old May 23rd 2011, 4:48 pm
Just Joined

OK, that's a new one on me. What's a 'LOM visa'? Tried to think of what that acronym could stand for and not got a clue!

Edit: is it maybe LMO and you just got the letters the wrong way round? Though that's not a visa. So still confused!
yes sorry lmo application is for working visa!!
Old May 23rd 2011, 4:51 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

OK, so you're not 'landing' (that is only for PR's), are you just applying for a Temp Work Permit at the airport with a copy of your LMO and the other requisite documents? Or have you already applied for your TWP via London (you say that your wife is on it, but the LMO shouldn't be for her as well)?

Sorry for all the questions, but just want to be sure exactly what you have got and what you are applying for, and your terminology is rather confusing!

Last edited by christmasoompa; May 23rd 2011 at 4:56 pm.
Old May 23rd 2011, 5:02 pm
Just Joined

OK, so you're not 'landing' (that is only for PR's), are you just applying for a Temp Work Permit at the airport with a copy of your LMO and the other requisite documents? Or have you already applied for your TWP visa London (you say that your wife is on it, but the LMO shouldn't be for her as well)?

Sorry for all the questions, but just want to be sure exactly what you have got and what you are applying for, and your terminology is rather confusing!
I have been given paperwork by the company that has employed me in Canada, a covering letter that i have to give to immigration officer is headed Applicant for work permit - Labour market opinion.
so yes i am applying for work visa as the airport.

Sorry if im confusing you