visa photographs

Old Sep 7th 2008, 6:08 pm
Forum Regular

coal has a spectacular aura aboutcoal has a spectacular aura aboutcoal has a spectacular aura about
Default visa photographs

Hi,

I have just got my passport request and need to send two photographs. The specs require them to be on single weight matte paper. I am having trouble finding a place that does this as most places use glossy, especially photo booths.

Can anyone else who has recently got a visa back let me know what they did and if glossy pictures were accepted.

Many Thanks,

Coal.
Old Sep 7th 2008, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

richmag69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: visa photographs

We got ours done at Sainsbury's at the photo processing centre because they looked a bit less glossy than the photo booth. No problems at all with the visas or PR cards.
Old Sep 8th 2008, 12:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

PaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud of

We had ours done at a local chemists and when they sent it to the printers they specified matte paper.
Old Sep 8th 2008, 2:01 pm
Just Joined

SteveKaz is an unknown quantity at this point

I am in the same boat, I need two photos for when I take passports up to London. I can see no other difference to passsport photos apart from the matt paper. I will give Sainsburys a try and see how they look.
Old Sep 8th 2008, 5:50 pm
Forum Regular

coal has a spectacular aura aboutcoal has a spectacular aura aboutcoal has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by SteveKaz
I am in the same boat, I need two photos for when I take passports up to London. I can see no other difference to passsport photos apart from the matt paper. I will give Sainsburys a try and see how they look.
Well after much ringing around I managed to find a small kodak photoshop in a little town that were able to take the picture and then print straight onto Matte paper. It was a bit of luck though as most places could only do glossy.

It does seem from some other people's experiences that they have sent normal photo booth pics and they have been accepted. I just wanted it to be right because after three years of waiting I don't want to take any chances. However, if I hadn't found somewhere I would have just sent glossy.

The store was "The Photoshop" in Plympton, Plymouth for any one else who is in the area. It was £4.49 for 4.

I know it says to send a self addressed envelope as well. Does anyone know how the passport comes back to you if you send it by mail? Will it be recorded delivery??

Cheers,

Coal
Old Sep 8th 2008, 7:21 pm
krn
Forum Regular

krn is a jewel in the roughkrn is a jewel in the roughkrn is a jewel in the roughkrn is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by coal
Well after much ringing around I managed to find a small kodak photoshop in a little town that were able to take the picture and then print straight onto Matte paper. It was a bit of luck though as most places could only do glossy.

It does seem from some other people's experiences that they have sent normal photo booth pics and they have been accepted. I just wanted it to be right because after three years of waiting I don't want to take any chances. However, if I hadn't found somewhere I would have just sent glossy.

The store was "The Photoshop" in Plympton, Plymouth for any one else who is in the area. It was £4.49 for 4.

I know it says to send a self addressed envelope as well. Does anyone know how the passport comes back to you if you send it by mail? Will it be recorded delivery??

Cheers,

Coal
at first i was thinking of sending the previuos photos that we took but then i thought that (waited this long ???) might as well spend an extra few quid...
I did mine in Welwn Garden City and used snappy snaps and they do passport photos for any country....
Old Sep 8th 2008, 8:44 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by krn
at first i was thinking of sending the previuos photos that we took but then i thought that (waited this long ???) might as well spend an extra few quid...
I did mine in Welwn Garden City and used snappy snaps and they do passport photos for any country....
I am just looking at my matte visa pix and they have been cut with slightly rounded corners. The photgrapher used a special passport cutter and said he had been using that for 5 years. All the specs are correct. Does anyone think it will matter if the edges are rounded instead of square??????