Visa Photographs

Old Nov 12th 2004, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

Snape is on a distinguished road
Default Visa Photographs

Hi guys, ive nearly got my application complete just need to get my medical done but first i need to get my photos which i seem to be have trouble getting hold of. I went to Jessops as so many people said they went there, they took my photo but i could only get 4 the same, and if i wanted another 4 done they wouldnt be identical to the others. So i went to a photobooth and got a good photo done in which i think im going to scan into my pc and adjust to make it the correct size and then i will be able to print 14 of the same identical photo onto photo quiality paper.
Does this sound acceptable, and how have you guys done yours photos what are you experiences with getting photos so far.
Why can they just be all the same size all over the world.

thanks
Ian
Old Nov 12th 2004, 9:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Jonny is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Visa Photographs

Originally Posted by Snape
Hi guys, ive nearly got my application complete just need to get my medical done but first i need to get my photos which i seem to be have trouble getting hold of. I went to Jessops as so many people said they went there, they took my photo but i could only get 4 the same, and if i wanted another 4 done they wouldnt be identical to the others. So i went to a photobooth and got a good photo done in which i think im going to scan into my pc and adjust to make it the correct size and then i will be able to print 14 of the same identical photo onto photo quiality paper.
Does this sound acceptable, and how have you guys done yours photos what are you experiences with getting photos so far.
Why can they just be all the same size all over the world.

thanks
Ian
This might be of interest:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=263452

Photos for Canadian PR are the same size as UK passport photos. It's when you try to apply for or renew a Canadian passport that you have problems, these are bigger photos that are difficult to get hold of in the UK. You can get these from anywhere, even the photo booth is okay. I see no problem with taking 4 sets of 4 from the same photo booth on the same day, unless you plan to grin like a fool in one and then sneer in the other, they won't notice any difference between them.