Visa package or otherwise?

Old Jun 21st 2001, 2:23 pm
jay dewan

Re: Immigrant visa for me and my family

We had our interview in early March in New Delhi. The interview was quite well. The
immigration officer was very kind and friendly. A couple of weeks after the interview
we received the package for Medical Reports. We immediately went to doctors office.
Hopefully they have sent the reports to Delhi soon after that.

It is approximately 3-months since then. Now everyday looking forward to my mail. The
more days goes by, I'm a getting a bit anxious. I wonder, in the event they decline
to give us visa, can we expect any mail from Canadian High Commission?

Thank you all.

JOE

Old Jun 21st 2001, 9:43 pm
Jim Humphries

As it is only 3 months from tje date of your medicals it is a little early to worry,
but understandable. If you have not received the visa within 6 months of the medicals
then you should contact the High Commission. At present you can only contact the
doctor and find out the day he sent the results to the High Commission. Then at least
you will know they were sent. Good luck. Jim Humphries, fomer visa officer

jay dewan wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Jun 22nd 2001, 5:34 am
PMM

Hi Joe

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Be patient, if your application is refused you would receive a refusal letter
outlining the reasons. After the medical is complete, results in about 2-3 months and
the then there is the background check which takes time.

PMM

Old Jun 22nd 2001, 4:09 pm
Just Joined

nirupam is an unknown quantity at this point

Since you received the medical papers after the interview it is most likely that the officer gave you a passing grade. Now if your medical goes well, you probably will have to no problem. Please follow the advise by Mr. Jim Humphries before you contact the High Commission. Good luck!