Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

which Visa office for medical??- URGENT

Wikiposts

which Visa office for medical??- URGENT

Old Nov 8th 2010, 7:30 am
Just Joined

mattshaw4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default which Visa office for medical??- URGENT

Hi all, i am applying for PR via common law sponsorship. I am currently living in canada with my girlfriend but i am going to apply through outland sponsorship because the london office is way faster apparently.
I have everything else in order in send off and tomorrow i have my medicals done, however on appendix C it says which Visa office do you want your medicals sent to.
Now i know that my complete application will be sent to Mississauga and then to London but which of these should i send the medical results to???

Also do i need anything on the back of my photos for the medical, i.e name, date of birth, signiture

thanks

Matt
Old Nov 8th 2010, 9:34 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: which Visa office for medical??- URGENT

Hi

Originally Posted by mattshaw4
Hi all, i am applying for PR via common law sponsorship. I am currently living in canada with my girlfriend but i am going to apply through outland sponsorship because the london office is way faster apparently.
I have everything else in order in send off and tomorrow i have my medicals done, however on appendix C it says which Visa office do you want your medicals sent to.
Now i know that my complete application will be sent to Mississauga and then to London but which of these should i send the medical results to???

Also do i need anything on the back of my photos for the medical, i.e name, date of birth, signiture

thanks

Matt
1. London
2. No.
Old Nov 8th 2010, 9:45 am
Just Joined

Thankyou very much for your reply, really good to be sure with it being tomorrow,
i am also going to start using this thread as a timeline for common law sponsorship via outland route from now on, if anyone else wants to post there story here please feel free
Old Nov 8th 2010, 10:09 pm
Forum Regular

suze_h will become famous soon enoughsuze_h will become famous soon enough

Just one other thing - the medical results do get sent to London ultimately and that's the visa office you write down, but the DMP will probably mention that he will be sending them to Ottawa first because that's where they go initially - this completely confused me when I did my medical in Toronto but it is apparently completely normal! Good luck

Suze
Old Nov 9th 2010, 1:04 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for all the information,
i had my xray, lab and med exam today and they all went well and i think the cost was cheap to
total of $191.00
My next step is to send my documents away, i hope to do that early next week, just need to finish and double check everything, but the medical was a breeze,
anybody know how long its taking right now for common law sponsorship via london?? i here its between 4 and 8 months total

thanks again Matt
Old Dec 8th 2010, 1:21 pm
Just Joined

Default common law pr via missisauga

I just sent my complete application off to mississauga today via express post should be their on friday at the latest, how long is it taking ppl right now for pretty straight forward applications via mississauga??? and do you think that my application will be seen before christmas?

i have one other question, i am currently in canada as a (bunac), which expires in june 2011, so im hoping that i will get pr before then however if it doesnt come by then is there anyway to stay in canada and be able to work until my pr is granted, will the fact that i have applied and my pr is imminent allow me to stay in the country until it is granted????

if anyone has any advise or similar issues please feel free......

matt
Old Dec 9th 2010, 12:15 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

There is a spousal sponsorship timeline thread you can look at to get an idea of how long it may take, but recent reports on the forum seem to be around 3 months on average. Some people have had PR in less than 2 months recently! So you should be fine to have PR before June.

Old Dec 9th 2010, 4:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Cowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to all

We too have just send our Application off, and we're fully expecting to get it sorted by April or May latest. We certainly hope it will be, as we're planning to fly to Calgary in June!