which visa forms??

Old Nov 12th 2014, 10:01 pm
Just Joined

jjbbc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default which visa forms??

Hi,

We have now definitely decided to move our family of 5 to Canada.
My husband has done his IELTS and waiting for results.
I'm just a bit confused to which visa to apply under originally it was Federal Skilled Trade Program major group 72 - plumbing but i have seen another Federal skilled workers visa, are these the same??
Also on the Federal Skilled Trade visa it states offer of employment or certificate of qualification, my husband has no job offer and we are hoping to move to Ontario area but has not got a certificate of qualification issued by a Canadian territory.
What do we do, please can someone help me

thanks
Old Nov 12th 2014, 11:17 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: which visa forms??

If he's a plumber and hasn't got a job offer then he's not eligible for the Federal Skilled Worker program, as it's not on the list of eligible occupations (here - Applications we will accept – Federal skilled workers), but he may well be eligible under the Federal Skilled Trade program, as plumbers are on that list. Yes, they're two different programs.

But as you say, he needs either a job offer or cert of qualification to apply as a FST, so if he doesn't have either then I'm afraid you can't apply for anything at the moment as he's just not eligible.

He'll need to get out to Canada to either find a job offer, or (more likely) to get his provincial certs sorted, have a hunt on the main forums for info on how to do that. Do note though, that all economic classes are changing in January to an 'expression of interest' system which is predicted by most to make it much harder to qualify for, so you might want to get a wiggle on and try and apply before the end of December!

Best of luck.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Nov 12th 2014 at 11:20 pm.