Visa extension

Old Dec 28th 2014, 2:37 am
Just Joined

IainH444 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa extension

Going through the immigration process and nearly at the end. I applied for a visa extension and this was granted but my extension ends on 1st February.

Can I apply for another visa extension?

Or can I not extend?

This was my first extension and I am hoping I am granted a PR Card imminently.

Cannot find anything in this site or Canada immigration web site
Thanks
Old Dec 28th 2014, 2:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa extension

Originally Posted by IainH444
Going through the immigration process and nearly at the end. I applied for a visa extension and this was granted but my extension ends on 1st February.

Can I apply for another visa extension?

Or can I not extend?

This was my first extension and I am hoping I am granted a PR Card imminently.

Cannot find anything in this site or Canada immigration web site
Thanks
Yes you can apply for another if you have not received your COPR forms. Once you do the landing and provide a Canadian mailing address then the PR card will be sent to you.
Old Dec 28th 2014, 3:01 am
Just Joined

Thanks so much for your reply it's been a very long road which started in July 2012. I hope you don't mind me asking a couple of questions:-

What forms do you recieve? (IMM 1000?)

How do you recieve them? (Post, email)

What's is the best way to go through the landing? And where at? (Flight, car, walk to USA over bridge)

Just waiting for notification as everything now seems to be in order.
Thank you so much
Old Dec 28th 2014, 9:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IainH444
Thanks so much for your reply it's been a very long road which started in July 2012. I hope you don't mind me asking a couple of questions:-

What forms do you recieve? (IMM 1000?)

How do you recieve them? (Post, email)

What's is the best way to go through the landing? And where at? (Flight, car, walk to USA over bridge)

Just waiting for notification as everything now seems to be in order.
Thank you so much
The new COPR forms are IMM 5292
You should receive them by mail
Depending where you live and if already in Canada most choose to flag pole i.e. driving across. You can at certain POE's do it by walking to the USA.
Old Dec 28th 2014, 11:56 pm
Just Joined

Thanks

I live just north of Toronto so thinking either walk over at Niagara Falls or drive to Sarnia

I heard very few places to walk over now us that correct

Thanks again for your help
Old Dec 29th 2014, 1:33 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

A few people recently who applied via family class have crossed at Niagara by walking... I want to say Rainbow Bridge but I'm not certain of that. The guy who did it said it was really fast as he didnt' have to wait in line. He parked, walked across, landed, walked back, drove home. The vast majority, though, just make a day or weekend trip of it (excuse to do a bit of shopping over the border, or have a mini-break!).