British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Visa expiry question (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/visa-expiry-question-807567/)

DouLou Aug 29th 2013 9:50 am

Visa expiry question

Hi guys, I'm probably asking a silly question here but my permit validity is 2014/03/27. I'm planning to enter Canada in October for a ski season but was wondering if this date is when my VISA ends and I have to leave the country, or does my year long visa begin from the date I actually enter canada?

Sorry if this has been asked before! Had a quick skim and couldn't find it.

Mikeypm Aug 29th 2013 10:38 am

Re: Visa expiry question

You do not state what visa it is?, IEC, Temp work permit etc. It would help people to help you if you gave more detail

DouLou Aug 29th 2013 10:51 am

Originally Posted by Mikeypm (Post 10875739)
You do not state what visa it is?, IEC, Temp work permit etc. It would help people to help you if you gave more detail

D'oh.

IEC Working Holiday VISA.

Sorry :)

Former Lancastrian Aug 29th 2013 10:59 am

IEC work permits are valid for 12 months (UK citizens) on the date you ENTER Canada providing your passport is valid for that amount of time. You need to activate it before the 2014 date mentioned.

DouLou Aug 29th 2013 11:01 am

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian (Post 10875787)
IEC work permits are valid for 12 months (UK citizens) on the date you ENTER Canada providing your passport is valid for that amount of time. You need to activate it before the 2014 date mentioned.

Thankyou very much, I thought this was the case but needed to make sure before I go planning my life! :D

Mikeypm Aug 29th 2013 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by DouLou (Post 10875790)
Thankyou very much, I thought this was the case but needed to make sure before I go planning my life! :D

Remember to get insurance to cover your IEC period

chrissyb Aug 29th 2013 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by DouLou (Post 10875654)
Hi guys, I'm probably asking a silly question here but my permit validity is 2014/03/27. I'm planning to enter Canada in October for a ski season but was wondering if this date is when my VISA ends and I have to leave the country, or does my year long visa begin from the date I actually enter canada?

Sorry if this has been asked before! Had a quick skim and couldn't find it.

out of interest how many months were given for yourself to enter the country on the visa before it expires. Is it 6 months?

Siouxie Aug 29th 2013 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by chrissyb (Post 10876652)
out of interest how many months were given for yourself to enter the country on the visa before it expires. Is it 6 months?

It's normally a year from the time of application or issuance of the visa.

PMM Aug 29th 2013 8:06 pm

Hi

Originally Posted by Siouxie (Post 10876692)
It's normally a year from the time of application or issuance of the visa.

1. The COPR would be valid for 1 year from the date of the MEDICAL. This can be extended by the VO if the medical expiry is the only outstanding issue. CHC usually try to give a few months of validity for "landing"

Siouxie Aug 29th 2013 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by PMM (Post 10876751)
Hi

1. The COPR would be valid for 1 year from the date of the MEDICAL. This can be extended by the VO if the medical expiry is the only outstanding issue. CHC usually try to give a few months of validity for "landing"

They are talking about an IEC working holiday permit (visa), not COPR PR.