Wikiposts

Visa Expiring - please help!

Old Aug 5th 2004, 10:06 am
Just Joined

inarush is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa Expiring - please help!

I would be very grateful for any advice relating to my situation as outlined below. But first...

...I suggest you get a nice cuppa before reading this: loads of questions follow.

Some Background Information

I am a UK citizen married to a Canadian and we have a young child holding dual nationality.

We currently live in the UK

I have just received my immigration visa for Canada (my wife is sponsering me).

For reasons I will not go into, my visa expires in a few weeks.

As part of the application, my wife agreed to sponsor me, and we used the proceeds of the sale of our house as a means of proving we would have enough income.

We are now in the situation where the house in very unlikely to have been sold by the visa expiry date

We are in a panic! We cannot get answers back from the CHC in London quick enough to make firm plans on what to do.

The Questions

1) Does my wife need to be in Canada when I land?

2) Can I make a quick trip to Canada (possibly on business) and go through the landing process, stay a few days and then return to the UK until such time as we have sold the house and I have my PRC or Travel Document?

3) How much money would we be likely to have to prove we have?

4) What sort of questions should I expect to have to answer when I/we land?

Many thanks in advance
Old Aug 6th 2004, 4:17 am
Forum Regular

netkit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Visa Expiring - please help!

All the other question r worthless if u r not going to land on or before expiration of visa. u have to utilise it before expiration or go for new application if want to immigrate later or after expiry of visa date. NO OTHER OPTION

better to utilise visa within due date go thru with landing process and then return back to UK even just after one day for wraping up. After landing u can remain out of Canada for 3 years out of 5 years.
Old Aug 6th 2004, 4:37 am
Just Joined

inarush is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by netkit
All the other question r worthless if u r not going to land on or before expiration of visa. u have to utilise it before expiration or go for new application if want to immigrate later or after expiry of visa date. NO OTHER OPTION
Thanks Netkit.

I am aware that I need to utilise the visa on/before the expiry date - I am trying to ascertain whether my wife as sponsor also has to be in Canada as I initially would possibly only be there for a day or two.

Rgds

Daz
Old Aug 6th 2004, 6:50 am
Forum Regular

netkit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by inarush
I am trying to ascertain whether my wife as sponsor also has to be in Canada as I initially would possibly only be there for a day or two.

Rgds

Daz

Yes ur sponsor should be in Canada before your landing.