Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Visa duration, TEF, work experience scoring & notary questions

Wikiposts

Visa duration, TEF, work experience scoring & notary questions

Old Nov 13th 2005, 8:21 pm
ken
Just Joined

ken is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa duration, TEF, work experience scoring & notary questions

Hi folks, great site, wonder if someone can shed some light on some questions concerning our application for skilled worker immigration to Canada.

If you plan to take the TEF after the applicaiton is submitted how to you score that section on the form when you submit it?

It seems you score the max on 4 years work experience, but does it have to be in the same job classification?

Do all docs have to be signed by a solicitor?

Assuming the applicaiton process is successful, is there a time limit in which you must move to Canada?

We'd be very grateful if someone could clarify these questions. If we find out the answers ourselves I'll post them here so it may help someone else.
Old Nov 14th 2005, 1:24 am
Forum Regular

Kazphillips will become famous soon enoughKazphillips will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Visa duration, TEF, work experience scoring & notary questions

Hi Ken

I submitted my TEF results after I had got my AoR. On the application form I claimed moderate French and submitted a written statement detailing the evidence for this (did French at Uni etc) along with the relevant certificates. I metioned in my letter that I was taking the TEF and would send the results on.

HTH

Kaz x

Originally Posted by ken
If you plan to take the TEF after the applicaiton is submitted how to you score that section on the form when you submit it?
Old Nov 15th 2005, 9:25 pm
ken
Just Joined

ken is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: Visa duration, TEF, work experience scoring & notary questions

Thanks Kaz.

Still not got definitive answers on the visa duration, work experience scoring and notary queries ... can anyone help?