visa confusion..

Old Apr 10th 2011, 4:56 pm
Just Joined

Tanyamarty is an unknown quantity at this point
Default visa confusion..

Just wondering if someone could help me clear up my confusion

If my husband gets a job offer were planning on applying for a TWP . We have 2 children (aged 4 and 1) would the children and i be able to go over with him as he has the TWP? or would i / we need our own visas? ive tried to find out via the immigration website but am bambuzuled by all the different options.

we would possibly apply for a study permit for our 4 year old just in case we need one for pre school but im wondering what type of visa i would need .

We are planning on applying for PR when we get there if that makes sense.

Kind regards
Tanya

Sorry i have posted this in the other forum too, im new to this site sorry
Old Apr 10th 2011, 5:10 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: visa confusion..

Hi

Originally Posted by Tanyamarty
Just wondering if someone could help me clear up my confusion

If my husband gets a job offer were planning on applying for a TWP . We have 2 children (aged 4 and 1) would the children and i be able to go over with him as he has the TWP? or would i / we need our own visas? ive tried to find out via the immigration website but am bambuzuled by all the different options.

we would possibly apply for a study permit for our 4 year old just in case we need one for pre school but im wondering what type of visa i would need .

We are planning on applying for PR when we get there if that makes sense.

Kind regards
Tanya

Sorry i have posted this in the other forum too, im new to this site sorry

1. You and the children would be included as dependents on his TWP.
2. Neither of the children would require Study permits.
3. Depending on your spouses job's level in the NOC, if it is A, B or O then you would be eligible for a spousal open work permit on entry.
Old Apr 10th 2011, 5:18 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

1. You and the children would be included as dependents on his TWP.
2. Neither of the children would require Study permits.
3. Depending on your spouses job's level in the NOC, if it is A, B or O then you would be eligible for a spousal open work permit on entry.
Thank you PMM , My husband would be a Long Haul trucker i dont think that would make me eligible for a spousal open work permit . I would be at home looking after the children in any case so wouldnt 'need' to work for at least two years by which time i would hope PR would have been granted Thanks Tanya
Old Apr 10th 2011, 5:44 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Tanyamarty
Thank you PMM , My husband would be a Long Haul trucker i dont think that would make me eligible for a spousal open work permit . I would be at home looking after the children in any case so wouldnt 'need' to work for at least two years by which time i would hope PR would have been granted Thanks Tanya
You would be eligible in Alberta.
Old Apr 10th 2011, 7:59 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

You would be eligible in Alberta.
Thank you very much , that has been a great help
Old Apr 11th 2011, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

irishgirl33 is an unknown quantity at this point

sorry for jumping on this post but is it only Alberta that your spouse gets an opern work permit?
my sisters hubby is going in a coule of weeks to Vancouver and she was planning to follow in 6 wks and get her owp at airport? is this right

thanks
Old Apr 11th 2011, 3:05 pm
BTJ
Occasionally Useful

BTJ is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by irishgirl33
sorry for jumping on this post but is it only Alberta that your spouse gets an opern work permit?
my sisters hubby is going in a coule of weeks to Vancouver and she was planning to follow in 6 wks and get her owp at airport? is this right

thanks
Open Work Permits are issued to spouses of TWP holders in NOC Level 0, A & B jobs (i.e. college educated professionals) across Canada. In Alberta they also allow Open work permits to spouses of TWP holders who work as long-distance truck drivers, a NOC Level C job.
Old Apr 11th 2011, 3:44 pm
Forum Regular

irishgirl33 is an unknown quantity at this point

ok thanks for clearing that up for me.