Visa Confusion

Old Apr 10th 2011, 4:52 pm
Just Joined

Tanyamarty is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa Confusion

Just wondering if someone could help me clear up my confusion

If my husband gets a job offer were planning on applying for a TWP . We have 2 children (aged 4 and 1) would the children and i be able to go over with him as he has the TWP? or would i / we need our own visas? ive tried to find out via the immigration website but am bambuzuled by all the different options.

we would possibly apply for a study permit for our 4 year old just in case we need one for pre school but im wondering what type of visa i would need .

We are planning on applying for PR when we get there if that makes sense.

Kind regards
Tanya
Old Apr 10th 2011, 5:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

chanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa Confusion

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Tempor...Permits-Canada
Old Apr 10th 2011, 8:02 pm
Just Joined

Thank you that link has really cleared up a few questions we had
Old Apr 10th 2011, 8:42 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Is a TWP definitely your only option? Just that it's quite risky, and not usually recommended for families - great for people who are young, free and single, but not those with kids. If your husband gets a TWP, then he'll be tied to his employer and cannot work for anybody else. We've seen a lot of people on this forum be made redundant and have to return to the UK, so it can be tricky and is worth thinking about. If you do go on a TWP, do make sure you can apply for PR asap to give yourself some security after a year or two.

Good luck.
Old Apr 11th 2011, 4:07 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Is a TWP definitely your only option? Just that it's quite risky, and not usually recommended for families - great for people who are young, free and single, but not those with kids. If your husband gets a TWP, then he'll be tied to his employer and cannot work for anybody else. We've seen a lot of people on this forum be made redundant and have to return to the UK, so it can be tricky and is worth thinking about. If you do go on a TWP, do make sure you can apply for PR asap to give yourself some security after a year or two.

Good luck.
Hi Christmas

We are open to other options however we felt that TWP was our quickest option at getting out there etc. We have close friends whom know the company my husband would possible be working for so we feel that could be q major benefit to us . We know it's risky but we don't own our current home and we feel if we don't 'try' to do it now we may never do it ( and regret it) if it fails we have family back here that would always help us get back on our feet etc. My son is of schooling starting age here hence why we want to move over there quickly so we are not taking him in and out of schools.