Visa Canada

Old Mar 25th 2019, 9:51 pm
Banned

Gwa6666 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa Canada

Hi
looking for some advise for a friend.
They are applying for a student visa for later this year
main application is for study permit and her partner open work permit. It’s the kids visa that are the issue.
So one is 8 and will be going to school and second is 2 so will be at home.
Online it says that they will not need a student visa so tried visiting visa and it asks for eta but kids don’t need eta. So this is where we are.
do they apply for student and work permit for parents and just put on form who is coming with them or is there a different solution.

Thanks for any advise
Old Mar 25th 2019, 9:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa Canada

What are their citizenships (family as a whole) if they are UK citizens then no study permits required but they will need an eTA and passports valid for duration of stay. If they are from a country that requires a visa then the eldest would need a study permit along with visas for the whole family but no eTA's required as they would be issued with the visas.
Old Mar 25th 2019, 10:11 pm
Just Joined

daveh79 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for your reply. We are all from the UK. So, me and my wife use our visas as our travel docs without an eTA and the kids use our visas with eTA?
Old Mar 25th 2019, 10:57 pm
Moving to Mississauga!

ScotinCanada has a reputation beyond reputeScotinCanada has a reputation beyond reputeScotinCanada has a reputation beyond reputeScotinCanada has a reputation beyond reputeScotinCanada has a reputation beyond reputeScotinCanada has a reputation beyond reputeScotinCanada has a reputation beyond reputeScotinCanada has a reputation beyond reputeScotinCanada has a reputation beyond reputeScotinCanada has a reputation beyond reputeScotinCanada has a reputation beyond repute

All four of you need an eta to get into the country as far as I know - they’re cheap and easy so I would get one for everyone to be on the safe side!
Old Mar 25th 2019, 10:58 pm
Moving to Mississauga!

ScotinCanada has a reputation beyond reputeScotinCanada has a reputation beyond reputeScotinCanada has a reputation beyond reputeScotinCanada has a reputation beyond reputeScotinCanada has a reputation beyond reputeScotinCanada has a reputation beyond reputeScotinCanada has a reputation beyond reputeScotinCanada has a reputation beyond reputeScotinCanada has a reputation beyond reputeScotinCanada has a reputation beyond reputeScotinCanada has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, meant to add. We came here on my husbands working visa and they issued student visas for our kids too (age 6 and 8). We all needed etas to get in the country to land on our visa.
Old Mar 25th 2019, 11:03 pm
Just Joined

Did you apply for the student visas or were they give at the airport upon arrival? As far as I was aware, we didn't need a student visa for the 8yr old
Old Mar 25th 2019, 11:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daveh79
Did you apply for the student visas or were they give at the airport upon arrival? As far as I was aware, we didn't need a student visa for the 8yr old
If you are UK citizens then the kids would be issued visitor records at the POE at the same time a study permit is issued to the adult. it allows them to go to school. They will still need the eTA's though. THE SOWP would also be issued on arrival. A permit is not a visa and neither is an eTA.
UK citizens are exempt visa's but still need eTA's.
Old Mar 25th 2019, 11:52 pm
Just Joined

So, all 4 of us need to get eTA, The student (main) and my open work permit that we apply for is accepted online but not actually given until POE alone with the kids visitor records. All this info with help me calm the Mrs down so thank you
Old Mar 26th 2019, 11:28 am
Forum Regular

Allie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond repute

A bit off topic, but be sure to bring the kids vaccination records. They'll be needed when you register for school. From experience, it's easier to get the records before you leave the UK than try to deal with it over the phone once you get here.
Old Mar 26th 2019, 4:14 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daveh79
So, all 4 of us need to get eTA, The student (main) and my open work permit that we apply for is accepted online but not actually given until POE alone with the kids visitor records. All this info with help me calm the Mrs down so thank you

You can apply for the open work permit on arrival at the POE as well - no need to apply online for that either.