Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Vietnam Police Clearance - HELP!!!

Old Oct 13th 2009, 12:47 am
Just Joined

vjss is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Vietnam Police Clearance - HELP!!!

Hi

I've applied for canadian immigration and they want a police clearance from vietnam where i stayed 5 yrs ago...i am in India and i approached the vietnam embassy - they told me bluntly they cannot help?? Anybody with a similar situation or info that can help me?

Any law firm or agents i could contact in Vietnam to get this done?

cheers
vj
Old Oct 13th 2009, 12:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

AdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Vietnam Police Clearance - HELP!!!

Originally Posted by vjss

Hi

I've applied for canadian immigration and they want a police clearance from vietnam where i stayed 5 yrs ago...i am in India and i approached the vietnam embassy - they told me bluntly they cannot help?? Anybody with a similar situation or info that can help me?

Any law firm or agents i could contact in Vietnam to get this done?

cheers
vj
CIC website says:

"Local Requests
Applicants should apply in person for a Judicial Certificate (Phieu Ly Lich Tu Phap) at the Provincial Justice Department (So Tu Phap) where their permanent residence is registered.

Non-Resident Requests
Applicants should contact the nearest Vietnamese embassy for information."

How about trying the Provincial Justice Dept. for the area you used to live?