Very Quick "Decision Made"?

Old May 27th 2016, 8:06 pm
Just Joined

sarahcrzr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Very Quick "Decision Made"?

Hello all!

My husband and I are rather confused and now worried, as according to eCAS, his Permanent Residency Application has a "Decision Made" whereas my Sponsorship Application is "In Process."

We sent the paperwork at the beginning of April, and it was received in Mississauga on April 4th. They began processing the paperwork on the 21st, and I was approved as a sponsor on May 16th. I'm Canadian born and my husband is English.

We are worried that the "Decision Made" on the website has come much too quickly, and that his application might have been refused. But it says that my application, which was approved says it's still "In Process".

Is it possible that a decision has already been made in less than 2 months? And if there has been should we be worried?

Sorry if I've been a bit long-winded, and thank you for your help!
Old May 28th 2016, 2:09 am
BE Forum Addict

plasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Very Quick "Decision Made"?

Originally Posted by sarahcrzr
Hello all!

My husband and I are rather confused and now worried, as according to eCAS, his Permanent Residency Application has a "Decision Made" whereas my Sponsorship Application is "In Process."

We sent the paperwork at the beginning of April, and it was received in Mississauga on April 4th. They began processing the paperwork on the 21st, and I was approved as a sponsor on May 16th. I'm Canadian born and my husband is English.

We are worried that the "Decision Made" on the website has come much too quickly, and that his application might have been refused. But it says that my application, which was approved says it's still "In Process".

Is it possible that a decision has already been made in less than 2 months? And if there has been should we be worried?

Sorry if I've been a bit long-winded, and thank you for your help!
Unless he's inadmissible for medical or criminality reasons it's unlikely he'll be denied admission. Perhaps he/you have hit the immigration jackpot. All will be revealed in short order.
Old Jun 1st 2016, 4:36 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for your reply, plasticcanuck!

We just received his approval in the post this morning, dated May 20th!! So it only took them a month to process both of our applications, and he was approved 4 days after I was.

Now we can get to planning our big move!

Thanks again for your help and reassurance!!
Old Jun 1st 2016, 6:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

plasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond repute

That's just great. I hope your next steps are relatively easy for you and you'll soon be here starting your new lives.
Much Good Luck.
Old Jun 1st 2016, 6:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Remember there are many members on this site with great experience on completing the immigration process. There is also much information on the Wiki. Don't be afraid to ask questions, people love to share experiences and help you.
Old Jun 2nd 2016, 6:16 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

We just received his approval in the post this morning, dated May 20th!! So it only took them a month to process both of our applications, and he was approved 4 days after I was.

WOAH!!!!!!

That's incredible! I have never, ever heard of an application being processed and approved so quickly.

The immi jackpot indeed!

Congrats!

Old Jun 2nd 2016, 7:38 am
Forum Regular

HighCeiling is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow, that is fast, congratulations . Are you able to provide some details about what you submitted.
Old Jun 2nd 2016, 12:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Oh this is VERY interesting for me. We would appear to be the mirror image of you and your husband. I am a Canadian citizen and my wife is British and we will be applying from the UK (Glos).

Her medical is scheduled for mid-June and I will be sending the paperwork in immediately after this. I was expecting 8 - 10 months, so this could be interesting!

Congratulations BTW :-)
Old Jun 2nd 2016, 1:26 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Hurlabrick
Oh this is VERY interesting for me. We would appear to be the mirror image of you and your husband. I am a Canadian citizen and my wife is British and we will be applying from the UK (Glos).

Her medical is scheduled for mid-June and I will be sending the paperwork in immediately after this. I was expecting 8 - 10 months, so this could be interesting!

Congratulations BTW :-)
Thanks everyone for the congratulations!

You are pretty much identical to our situation, we even live quite close to you as we're in South Gloucestershire.

Our timeline went like this:
Medical on 26th February
Married on 18th March
Paperwork couriered on 1st April
Arrived 4th April
Application Began Processing on 21st April
Began Processing PR Application 13th May
Sponsorship Approved on 16th May
PR Approved 20th May
Received in the Post 1st June

When it came to putting the package together, I followed the Wiki on this forum (Spousal Sponsorship-Canada/FAQ : British Expat Wiki) pretty closely.

We included
  • All the necessary forms
  • As much proof as we could that we've been living together for over a year (tenancy agreement, payslips with addresses and dates on them)
  • Photos of all the holidays we've been on together (showing us there and some photos of the area, as well as copies of the tickets showing they were booked together and we sat next to each other)
  • Wedding photos
  • Proof of our communication (texts, phone calls, FaceTimes when I was away in Canada during Christmas...all just screenshots off my phone and records I printed out from my phone's history)
  • A letter from a mutual friend that has known us both throughout our relationship, to prove legitimacy of our relationship
  • A letter from my parents in Canada reiterating our plans when we land
  • Copies of birthday cards exchanged
  • Letters from the Home Office regarding our marriage (as I am on a visa here in the UK)
  • The results of my husband's English language test (even though he's born and raised here in England...we thought we were going to try the Skilled Workers Program then changed our minds )

We knew that less would be more, and it came to a point where there was really nothing else to add to the package.

Hope this helps Hurlabrick and HighCeiling!
Old Jun 2nd 2016, 9:04 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sarahcrzr, congrats on the quick turnaround!

I've gone ahead and added you to the spreadsheet (linked in my signature). I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that on yoru sponsor approval letter it says your application went to Ottawa. As you can see on the spreadsheet, Ottawa has been insanely fast with turning around applications, which is great news for you!

To anyone else waiting or reading this, be sure to post either in your own thread or in the Timeline for Spousal Sponsorship thread on this forum to be added to the spreadsheet and to join in with the others who are waiting! The more data we can have on the spreadsheet, the better!

Sarah - glad you also found the FAQ helpful, always makes me happy to read that as I worked pretty hard on putting it together!

Congrats again, happy landing! (There's also an excellent wiki article on landing that's worth reading before heading to the border!)
Old Jun 3rd 2016, 4:17 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Hi Sarahcrzr, congrats on the quick turnaround!

I've gone ahead and added you to the spreadsheet (linked in my signature). I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that on yoru sponsor approval letter it says your application went to Ottawa. As you can see on the spreadsheet, Ottawa has been insanely fast with turning around applications, which is great news for you!

To anyone else waiting or reading this, be sure to post either in your own thread or in the Timeline for Spousal Sponsorship thread on this forum to be added to the spreadsheet and to join in with the others who are waiting! The more data we can have on the spreadsheet, the better!

Sarah - glad you also found the FAQ helpful, always makes me happy to read that as I worked pretty hard on putting it together!

Congrats again, happy landing! (There's also an excellent wiki article on landing that's worth reading before heading to the border!)
You are right! We were sent to Ottawa at the second stage, I forgot to mention that. Oops!

The FAQ was incredibly helpful, as is the Departure To-Do List which we are going to be working through now. I shall definitely be looking at the landing wiki. Thanks a million!