Vegreville slowing down?

Old Aug 27th 2005, 11:56 am
Just Joined

sarahvan is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Vegreville slowing down?

This may have already been brought up, but I've been checking the processing times for inland spouses in Vegreville online and they have been on the same "Processing applications received up to" date for nearly 5 weeks now. I was hoping that maybe the website was just not being updated promptly, but the estimated wait time has been changing from week to week from 5 months, to 5-6 months, to now 7 months. Does anyone know why it appears they have slowed down so much lately? Any hopes that the processing will speed up soon? They received my application in mid-March, so I feel like they may be just weeks away from getting to me if things started to move again.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Sarah
Inland Spouse
Old Aug 27th 2005, 12:15 pm
Forum Regular

RAVI10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Vegreville slowing down?

Yes, you are absolutly right. Vegreville is going slow down beginning next month. CIC almost meet the quota this year.
Old Aug 27th 2005, 12:22 pm
Just Joined

sarahvan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by RAVI10
Yes, you are absolutly right. Vegreville is going slow down beginning next month. CIC almost meet the quota this year.

You mean they are going to slow down even more than they have been? How does the quota work? Can they not process any more applications until a certain date? Do you know when that is? Sorry for all the questions, I'm just going a bit stir crazy waiting.

Thanks,
Sarah
Inland Spouse
Old Aug 27th 2005, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

fire is an unknown quantity at this point

I didn't know that they have a quota for spousal sponsorship application.
But true it is frustrating to see that they update the processing time for all applications but for the inland spousal sponsorship.

Can any of the expert tell us his opinion?
Thanks

Originally Posted by RAVI10
Old Aug 27th 2005, 2:24 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

It has nothing to do with quotas. First - it is summer vacations time and all government offices work at reduced capacity. Secondly - it is periodical. Every time people see that inland process is as fast as from abroad or little faster then more cases for inland are being submitted. It obviously makes processing times longer. Then people see that inland process is getting substantially longer and decide to follow route from abroad. Then number of inland applications drops again and cycle restarts.

Originally Posted by sarahvan
This may have already been brought up, but I've been checking the processing times for inland spouses in Vegreville online and they have been on the same "Processing applications received up to" date for nearly 5 weeks now. I was hoping that maybe the website was just not being updated promptly, but the estimated wait time has been changing from week to week from 5 months, to 5-6 months, to now 7 months. Does anyone know why it appears they have slowed down so much lately? Any hopes that the processing will speed up soon? They received my application in mid-March, so I feel like they may be just weeks away from getting to me if things started to move again.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Sarah
Inland Spouse