Wikiposts

Vegreville made a mistake?

Old Jul 22nd 2009, 4:05 am
Forum Regular

Matt Lazenby is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Vegreville made a mistake?

Hey everyone,

I posted a thread a couple of days ago regarding my issue and got a response, I'm just wondering if anyone else has any advice? CPC Vegreville seems to have lost my LMO and thus refused my work permit. I know for a fact that I sent it and have several witnesses that can attest to this. An email has been sent via the call centre to try to revise my file. Does this happen often? I'm in a state of panic and have written a letter outlining the problem. I've been waiting to go back to work for ages now and it's taking the mick.

Do you think if my boss/coworkers/friends also write letters this could help? It seems they messed up and I'm paying the price.

By the way, my original permit had expired before the application was made (was waiting a long time for the LMO) but I paid a restoration fee and was told by immigration that this was fine.

Any info will help!

Matt
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Vegreville made a mistake?

anyone?
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 2:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really nice

Did you send the original? Can't your employer get in touch with Service Canada, and get the file number and a copy of the positive LMO. I'm sure Vegreville will be happy with the positive LMO file number until they receive the actual copy.
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 4:42 pm
Forum Regular

The LMO was in the application, and since then I have passed on the file and reference numbers through the call centre. I have also sent a letter including another copy of the LMO and my employer has sent a letter on my behalf stating that it was there.

Do you think this will suffice? It's just that everyone gives me the impression they are really cut and dry when it comes to this kind of thing, and I'm worried they aren't going to give me a chance or it's going to take forever to get to.
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 5:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

kleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to behold

Well you did nothing wrong, it's great that you sent off an other copy of the LMO and your employer too. Sometimes they magically "find stuff" again after it got lost. And even if they don't find it they might have a way to check with the office issuing the LMO/CAQ to make sure it's true.
Don't give up yet!
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 6:02 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for the support. I'm going to call back again tomorrow to see if they've given a response. The fact that the call centre asked for the LMO reference number tells me they can probably check on it to make sure it did get issued. Still, I do feel like I'm going a bit mad at the moment.
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 6:22 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Different situation but they made a series of errors with me on what should have been a straightforward sponsorship process.

They apologised for the errors but they did nothing to correct them.

I ended up having to make a second (identical application) which also meant a second lot of fees and a second medical (with duplicate costs again) before the correct decision was made.

Nearly three years instead of the supposedly usual 6 months.

Maybe you'll have the good luck I didn't get.
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 6:53 am
Forum Regular

That's awful. Were you in Canada the entire time or in the UK? The problem with me is if they don't correct it I'll probably end up going home. I'm in Montreal and had to go through the Quebec immigration process before being allowed to apply for a work permit, and my Quebec certificate may not be valid if I have to apply again for a work permit and wait another 3 months.
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 7:07 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

I was in Canada with visitor status. I extended that once. The second application was done under new rules that allowed me to stay until it was decided.
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 7:10 am
Forum Regular

and you couldn't work during this time?
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 8:02 am
Oscar nominated

I didn't need to but they did tell me after I'd been here a year or so that I could apply for a permit. Remember, though, that my application was not work related. I made my post to show that even when mistakes are made, they don't necessarily correct them.
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 10:21 am
Forum Regular

I appreciate that, it's such a shame that they couldn't just ammend their mistakes. Let's see what happens with mine, I have a lot of people on my side, plus my girlfriend and I are willing to get married if it must come to that.
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 11:03 am
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Matt Lazenby
...plus my girlfriend and I are willing to get married if it must come to that.
I was always one of those people who thought getting married just meant you had an extra bit of paper; the relationship is what's important. My wife, having already been divorced, well...marriage was the last thing on her mind.

After we'd met and developed the relationship to the point we wanted a life together, being married just made the immigration aspect so much easier - despite CIC's best efforts.

If that works for you, so be it.

It's sort of a reverse logic. You can have the relationship without the marriage...but if you can't have the relationship without the marriage, then get married.
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 11:33 am
Forum Regular

Exactly my line of thinking too. I've been with my girlfriend for 2 and a half years and we have no intention of living without eachother, so yeah if it's to choose between married with a relationship and no marriage and no relationship, it's an easy choice.

The problem would again come down to working while sponsorship is being processed. I've read it takes a lot longer to apply from within Canada than it does from say London, but she's at uni here so it's not viable to just go home for a few months. Plus I have friends and a band over here that I don't want to leave.

Anyway, suppose it's still yet to be seen if CIC will realize I sent the LMO and send the work permit.
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 12:43 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Matt Lazenby
The problem would again come down to working while sponsorship is being processed. I've read it takes a lot longer to apply from within Canada than it does from say London...
Well, there's nothing to stop you applying externally but being in Canada and extending a visitor's visa if necessary.

It does take longer to apply from within, but you can stay while it's being done and several people have said you can get an open work permit as the spouse....without the LMO stuff being necessary.

While I was waiting that was suggested to me by CIC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.