Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Vancouver-bound - can we 'land' in Quebec?

Vancouver-bound - can we 'land' in Quebec?

Old May 1st 2010, 10:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Near Colchester, Essex hoping to go to Port Moody, BC
singingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to behold
Default Vancouver-bound - can we 'land' in Quebec?

I've done a search but can't find a definitive answer - we want to do a quick land in Montreal and have a week's holiday, but we will be giving Vancouver address for PR cards and living there eventually. In light of the different system for Quebec, would this be possible?
Old May 1st 2010, 11:27 pm
Analyst for hire

Ben W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vancouver-bound - can we 'land' in Quebec?

I believe the answer here is actually no. You land in Quebec for Quebec, anywhere else for anywhere else. At least this used to be the case, I don't know if it still holds true.
Old May 1st 2010, 11:29 pm
Forum Regular

ozzoon has a brilliant futureozzoon has a brilliant futureozzoon has a brilliant futureozzoon has a brilliant futureozzoon has a brilliant futureozzoon has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by singingringingtree
I've done a search but can't find a definitive answer - we want to do a quick land in Montreal and have a week's holiday, but we will be giving Vancouver address for PR cards and living there eventually. In light of the different system for Quebec, would this be possible?
The following is what somebody said,

Originally Posted by the big burp
i had no problems landing in quebec as a federal skilled worker applicant, but i had no intention of staying in quebec and the address i gave on my documents was in ontario so there was no issue. if u have an intention to live in quebec and give a quebec address im sure it will be different. i know one person who applied with cic sydney had to get csq coz he landed in quebec and gave a quebec address
Old May 2nd 2010, 7:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Near Colchester, Essex hoping to go to Port Moody, BC
singingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to behold

Thanks guys.