validity of a travel document

Old Jan 25th 2009, 1:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Reghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to all
Default validity of a travel document

Hello

I am a PR without a PR card. So if i want to return to Canada I require a "Travel Document".

From the official website I managed to learn that it takes on an average 10 working days to process the application.

Does anyone have an idea, as to the validity of such a document. is it valid for 1month or 2months or 6 months?

thanks

regs
Old Jan 25th 2009, 5:10 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: validity of a travel document

Hi

Originally Posted by Reghuraj
Hello

I am a PR without a PR card. So if i want to return to Canada I require a "Travel Document".

From the official website I managed to learn that it takes on an average 10 working days to process the application.

Does anyone have an idea, as to the validity of such a document. is it valid for 1month or 2months or 6 months?

thanks

regs
Usually 6 months validity, 1 entry

"18.3. Step 3. If application is approved, issue the travel document
In most cases, the travel document is to be issued for a single entry with a validity of six months. Occasionally, there may be cases where a permanent resident of Canada is unable to apply for a permanent resident card due to their long-term residency abroad. In these rare cases, where a permanent resident is unable to apply for the card from within Canada because of the shortness of their occasional stays in Canada, a multiple-entry travel document may be issued for a period of validity not exceeding five years. The category to be printed on the travel document counterfoil
is R-1. A separate counterfoil will be printed for each person included in the application that meets
the criteria for issuance.
Old Jan 25th 2009, 4:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Reghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to all
Default Re: validity of a travel document

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

Usually 6 months validity, 1 entry

"18.3. Step 3. If application is approved, issue the travel document
In most cases, the travel document is to be issued for a single entry with a validity of six months. Occasionally, there may be cases where a permanent resident of Canada is unable to apply for a permanent resident card due to their long-term residency abroad. In these rare cases, where a permanent resident is unable to apply for the card from within Canada because of the shortness of their occasional stays in Canada, a multiple-entry travel document may be issued for a period of validity not exceeding five years. The category to be printed on the travel document counterfoil
is R-1. A separate counterfoil will be printed for each person included in the application that meets
the criteria for issuance.
thanks for the prompt reply. thank you very much.

regs