Urgent: Travel Document

Old Jul 27th 2009, 9:25 pm
Just Joined

Newbie7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Urgent: Travel Document

Hi all, glad to be a new member!

I've been a PR since 1994 and never applied for citizenship (I know!!!)

I have recently moved back to the UK with my job. While I've been away, my PR card has expired. I am only travelling to Canada for 10 days to see my parents. I'll be coming back to the UK with my fiancee where we'll work for the next year or so.

I definately qualify for PR (Only gone 1 year in the last 5).

Do I need a travel document for this? I won't be reapplying for my PR on this trip regardless.

If I travel without a travel document, what are the implications? My parents recently spoke with immigration, and they seems quite relaxed about it, even though they wouldn't give a concreate answer.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

DT
Old Jul 27th 2009, 11:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

kleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Urgent: Travel Document

You could probably enter as a visitor with your UK passport. Bring your expired PR card too just in case. Do you plan to move back to Canada anytime soon?
Old Jul 28th 2009, 12:37 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by kleinluka
You could probably enter as a visitor with your UK passport. Bring your expired PR card too just in case. Do you plan to move back to Canada anytime soon?
If you are PR never never never enter as a visitor. CBSA will take it as a sign that you have given up or failed to live up to PR residency. It can create a world of trouble. Tell the truth, they can confirm you are a PR via FOSS if necessary.
Old Jul 28th 2009, 1:07 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

If you are PR never never never enter as a visitor. CBSA will take it as a sign that you have given up or failed to live up to PR residency. It can create a world of trouble. Tell the truth, they can confirm you are a PR via FOSS if necessary.
Probably recommended, although it is not clear what clause of IRPA gives grounds to revoke PR on that basis.
Old Jul 28th 2009, 6:34 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the help everyone.

The problem I'm having is the fact I'll only be back for 10 days (not enough time to reapply for a new PR card). I'll be moving back permanantly in 2010, still plenty of time to spare for the PR 5 year rule.
Old Jul 28th 2009, 8:47 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Newbie7
Thanks for the help everyone.

The problem I'm having is the fact I'll only be back for 10 days (not enough time to reapply for a new PR card). I'll be moving back permanantly in 2010, still plenty of time to spare for the PR 5 year rule.
Why don't you re-apply and have everything sent to your parents if they live in Canada. They can then securely forward everything on to you. That way you have no worries.
Old Jul 28th 2009, 8:53 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by el_richo
Why don't you re-apply and have everything sent to your parents if they live in Canada. They can then securely forward everything on to you. That way you have no worries.
My understanding is that you need to go and pick up the PR card in person.
Old Jul 28th 2009, 9:03 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Newbie7
My understanding is that you need to go and pick up the PR card in person.
Hmmm, as far as i'm aware you can request it to be sent to a Canadian Address. Could be wrong though but it's worth checking out.
Old Jul 28th 2009, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

dippy has a brilliant futuredippy has a brilliant futuredippy has a brilliant futuredippy has a brilliant futuredippy has a brilliant futuredippy has a brilliant futuredippy has a brilliant futuredippy has a brilliant future

Second and subsequent PR cards have to be picked up in person as far as I am aware.
Old Jul 28th 2009, 9:56 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by dippy
Second and subsequent PR cards have to be picked up in person as far as I am aware.
I just checked and can confirm this is the case.

To fly with or without a travel document...that is the question!
Old Jul 28th 2009, 3:53 pm
mclauchlan35

mclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of light

Does anybody know, how much the travel document is and if you send a personal cheque or does in need to be a draft.

The girl on the phone at CHC said the other day to send £30 but all the info says $50 and I have been unable to speak to them again.

Also who is it payable to chc or receiver general?

Thanks
Old Jul 28th 2009, 4:16 pm
Forum Regular

Jukeboxwidow has a reputation beyond reputeJukeboxwidow has a reputation beyond reputeJukeboxwidow has a reputation beyond reputeJukeboxwidow has a reputation beyond reputeJukeboxwidow has a reputation beyond reputeJukeboxwidow has a reputation beyond reputeJukeboxwidow has a reputation beyond reputeJukeboxwidow has a reputation beyond reputeJukeboxwidow has a reputation beyond reputeJukeboxwidow has a reputation beyond reputeJukeboxwidow has a reputation beyond repute

Can I ask what number you rang about the travel document as I am after one as well and need to know what to do! thanks
Old Jul 28th 2009, 4:24 pm
mclauchlan35

mclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jukeboxwidow
Can I ask what number you rang about the travel document as I am after one as well and need to know what to do! thanks
Sent you a PM with the details.
Old Jul 28th 2009, 5:58 pm
Forum Regular

jonnieandmartina has a spectacular aura aboutjonnieandmartina has a spectacular aura aboutjonnieandmartina has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by mclauchlan35
Sent you a PM with the details.
can i just clarify, I activated our "landing" in May this year, return to Uk after 10 days - we return to canada in Sept, are we still required to obtain a Travel doc - we haven't got our PR cards as we where not in Canada long enough in May..

I am equally trying to ascertain who to pay, ie name on cheque etc - I've seen the $50.00 page as well for the fee !!

any help / clarification my way would be great..

jon
Old Jul 28th 2009, 7:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

kleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

Thanks for that! Good to know!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.