Wikiposts

AN URGENT REPLY REQUIRED

Old Jun 10th 2002, 3:20 am
Mahesh Kurup

Default AN URGENT REPLY REQUIRED

Dear Mr. Andrew Miller:
    >
    > I am a Permenant resident of Canada. I have the following doubts re: Return
    > Resident Permit. I entered Canada in March 2002. I am currently working in Iowa, US
    > and still have to continue with my employer till October due to the job
    > responsibilities.
    >
    > I went to the CIC office and collected the RRP form. I did not apply as I thought I
    > need more clarification from you.
    >
    > My current stay statistics
    > - we entered Canada in March and till now it is 58 days
    > - I was here in Canada only for 26 days (that is inclusive of the days I entered
    > and left Canada on three occasions)
    >
    > These are my rough plan
    > - I will be back in Canada on June 15th and will be here for a few days
    > - Then I plan to come back only on October.
    > - May be I will try to make a few short visit if required.
    > - When I am back next time (June 15th) I am planning to apply for the RRP.
    >
    > My questions are the following
    > 1. After receiving my RRP can I come back to Canada on short visits? Or is it valid
    > only for once (at the port of entry in Canada)? NO
    > 2. My reason to stay back in USA is my contractual obligation with my current
    > employer. So what all documents I require to get from my employer to convince
    > the officer to get my RRP? Thank You Letter
    > 3. How long it is going to take my application to be processed? 5.6 Years Please
    > help me with the above questions
    >
    > Sincerely
    >
    > Syam Chandra

Old Jun 10th 2002, 5:21 am
Stuart Brook

Default Re: AN URGENT REPLY REQUIRED

Mahesh Kurup wrote:
    >
    > Dear Mr. Andrew Miller:
    > >
    > > I am a Permenant resident of Canada. I have the following doubts re: Return
    > > Resident Permit. I entered Canada in March 2002. I am currently working in Iowa,
    > > US and still have to continue with my employer till October due to the job
    > > responsibilities.
    > >
    > > I went to the CIC office and collected the RRP form. I did not apply as I thought
    > > I need more clarification from you.
    > >
    > > My current stay statistics
    > > - we entered Canada in March and till now it is 58 days
    > > - I was here in Canada only for 26 days (that is inclusive of the days I entered
    > > and left Canada on three occasions)
    > >
    > > These are my rough plan
    > > - I will be back in Canada on June 15th and will be here for a few days
    > > - Then I plan to come back only on October.
    > > - May be I will try to make a few short visit if required.
    > > - When I am back next time (June 15th) I am planning to apply for the RRP.
    > >
    > > My questions are the following
    > > 1. After receiving my RRP can I come back to Canada on short visits? Or is it
    > > valid only for once (at the port of entry in Canada)? NO
    > > 2. My reason to stay back in USA is my contractual obligation with my current
    > > employer. So what all documents I require to get from my employer to convince
    > > the officer to get my RRP? Thank You Letter
    > > 3. How long it is going to take my application to be processed? 5.6 Years Please
    > > help me with the above questions
    > >
    > > Sincerely
    > >
    > > Syam Chandra

The real question to be answered here is "Have you established residence in Canada?"
It looks absolutely as if you did not and therefore your landing will be considered
void, but even if you slip through on that one, your RRP is likely to be refused.

You should only apply for PR when you are ready willing and able to move to Canada.