Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

An urgent question regarding application to CIO

Wikiposts

An urgent question regarding application to CIO

Old Jun 27th 2010, 3:18 pm
Just Joined

balladaku is an unknown quantity at this point
Default An urgent question regarding application to CIO

Hi,

Hope someone can advise.

I sent my application(FSW as GP 3112) to CIO Sydney on 22nd of June and that application did not include Original Ielts report as it was not required at that time.

The courier package is yet not delivered to CIO Sydney(not so lucky). Its currently in Hamilton (Canada) waiting to be delivered on Monday the 28th of June.

Since the new rules require Original Ielts to be submitted, apparently my application would be returned to me unprocessed(rejected), that is what I assume.

My question is, shall I wait before I get my rejected application back from CIO and re-apply with Ielts report?

OR

Shall I send another application with my Ielts score attached with out waiting for the first application returned? (just that i stay inside the Cap)

or simply send them my Ielts report?

Kindly advise, I'll appriciate your input.

Regards,
Balla

Last edited by balladaku; Jun 27th 2010 at 3:21 pm.
Old Jun 27th 2010, 3:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

crazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nice
Default Re: An urgent question regarding application to CIO

Waiting would at least clear the confusion everyone here has - the application guide requires not only language test result but also all supporting documents to be submitted to CIO, while the CIO checklist alone is not so clear about it.
Old Jun 27th 2010, 3:42 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by crazy72
Waiting would at least clear the confusion everyone here has - the application guide requires not only language test result but also all supporting documents to be submitted to CIO, while the CIO checklist alone is not so clear about it.
Thanks for the urgent response.

Is there any harm in sending another application as per the checklist?
Old Jun 27th 2010, 3:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

crazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nice

Nobody really nows yet.
Old Jun 27th 2010, 3:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

CanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm in the same boat, facing the same dilemma. I'm personally going to wait and see, though I'm not keen on the whole "wait 8-10 weeks to hear your application is invalid then wait another month before sitting the test" because it increases the likelihood of my permit expiring before I get PR. At the same time, I don't want to waste money on the test if they decide to be nice and process it under the old rules, or have the test done and then send it off, only for them to not link it up with the previous application.

It's a really messy situation and it could've been avoided with a few weeks notice before the changes came into effect.

Last edited by CanadaJimmy; Jun 27th 2010 at 4:00 pm.
Old Jun 27th 2010, 4:07 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by CanadaJimmy
I'm in the same boat, facing the same dilemma. I'm personally going to wait and see, though I'm not keen on the whole "wait 8-10 weeks to hear your application is invalid then wait another month before sitting the test" because it increases the likelihood of my permit expiring before I get PR. At the same time, I don't want to waste money on the test if they decide to be nice and process it under the old rules, or have the test done and then send it off, only for them to not link it up with the previous application.

It's a really messy situation and it could've been avoided with a few weeks notice before the changes came into effect.
Honestly, I don't think they are going to be any nicer(as they've never been), they'll go by the rules and most likely our applications are going to be rejected. But yes, I'll wait for a couple of weeks and see if they publish anything on CIC website regarding this issue as there would be many applicants in the same situation. But again its easier for them to reject all of them :-(.