Urgent query about medical exam

Old Dec 15th 2009, 10:52 pm
Just Joined

Headingforhalifax is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Urgent query about medical exam

Hi all.

I have a additional query regarding my Canadian wife's sponsorship of my application for permanent residence in Canada.

This page http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...exams-perm.asp of the CIC website says:

Medical Examination Instructions
Instructions on how to take the medical examination will normally be sent to you after you submit your application to the visa office.

However, the document checklist we need to enclose with my application asks us to include the results of the exam within our application.

This has been verfied not only by my Canadian friend who sponsored her British husband but also by two people responding to a previous and related query within this forum.

Nevertheless... when I rang to arrange my medical exam here in London for tomorrow, the receptionist informed me they will be forwarding my results to the Canadian counsulate here in London!

I'm hopelessly confused. Please help!

Many thanks, Scott
Old Dec 15th 2009, 11:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

chanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Urgent query about medical exam

"Instructions on how to take the medical examination will normally be sent to you after you submit your application to the visa office".

This is the case for most PR applications but not yours. Follow the guide specific for spousal sponsorship. You need to get your medical done first and submit proof with your application.

I believe the medical results all end up on a computer database so it doesnt matter where they are sent.
Old Dec 16th 2009, 12:27 am
BE Enthusiast

MR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to all

i know that for out of Canada spousal sponsorship you will need to do the medical before you send off the forms and include a copy what the doctor gives to you.....you also need to include the police check as well... results are sent to the regional medical centre...relax the DMP deals with these medicals day in day so they know what they are doing. hope this helps.
Old Dec 16th 2009, 3:31 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

You submit proof of having taken the immigration medical exam at an approved DMP. Go to the CIC's website and access the guide for sponsored spousal applications. The DMP will forward the results to the appropriate authority for assessment and advice to the visa office.
Old Dec 16th 2009, 4:07 am
Forum Regular

marimac is just really nicemarimac is just really nicemarimac is just really nicemarimac is just really nicemarimac is just really nicemarimac is just really nicemarimac is just really nicemarimac is just really nice

The instructions are here in the immigrants guide:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3999E.pdf

Pages 5-6 tell you how to go about doing the medical.