Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Urgent, Miller, Will they raise the application score?

Urgent, Miller, Will they raise the application score?

Old Jul 15th 2004, 3:12 am
Forum Regular

MadHatters will become famous soon enoughMadHatters will become famous soon enough
Default Urgent, Miller, Will they raise the application score?

I was visiting another forum and I was told that probably Canada will raise the application score. Is that right? Have you heard anything about it?

MadHatters
Old Jul 15th 2004, 3:42 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Urgent, Miller, Will they raise the application score?

We'll have to wait and see later this year (late summer or early fall) after CIC reviews statistics from all visa posts. It is quite possible that pass mark will go up - many experts would say that it is sure and the only question is when and how high.

Early reports from many visa posts indicate that number of pending applications and the current submissions' trend again exceed Canada's annual immigration targets, thus leading to another backlogs. If final review confirms it then you may count on pass mark going up.

Originally posted by MadHatters
I was visiting another forum and I was told that probably Canada will raise the application score. Is that right? Have you heard anything about it?

MadHatters

Last edited by Andrew Miller; Jul 15th 2004 at 3:58 am.
Old Jul 15th 2004, 8:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to behold

Dear Andrew

We submitted our forms to London about two months ago, but have not received a response or acknowledgement yet. Is this normal, as it has crossed my mind that the forms may not have arrived?

However, my main question is, if the mass mark is raised, will we be assessed on the pass mark of 67 as at the time od submission, or will we be subject to the higher passmark. We have scored in the lower 70's and would be struggling to raise this unless I either obtain Canadian employment in the meantime, or if I improve my French (have been studying at the Alliance Francaise since November 03). I was assessed on no knowledge of the language, but would now like to think that I am reasonably proficient.

Is it too late to have my language proficiency amended?

Your comments would be gratefully received.

Worried applicant.

Originally posted by Andrew Miller
We'll have to wait and see later this year (late summer or early fall) after CIC reviews statistics from all visa posts. It is quite possible that pass mark will go up - many experts would say that it is sure and the only question is when and how high.

Early reports from many visa posts indicate that number of pending applications and the current submissions' trend again exceed Canada's annual immigration targets, thus leading to another backlogs. If final review confirms it then you may count on pass mark going up.
Old Jul 16th 2004, 2:02 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

You should have mailed application pckage by courier or other registered service - this way it would have been not only safe but you would have known if it was receivd.

If pass mark goes up before your visa is issued you will be assessed against new pass mark. There is no lock-in date for pass mark.

As long as you submit additional (and conclusive) evidence of improvement in one or more factors from selection grid before case is assessed then such evidence will be taken into consideration.

Originally posted by Gray C
Dear Andrew

We submitted our forms to London about two months ago, but have not received a response or acknowledgement yet. Is this normal, as it has crossed my mind that the forms may not have arrived?

However, my main question is, if the mass mark is raised, will we be assessed on the pass mark of 67 as at the time od submission, or will we be subject to the higher passmark. We have scored in the lower 70's and would be struggling to raise this unless I either obtain Canadian employment in the meantime, or if I improve my French (have been studying at the Alliance Francaise since November 03). I was assessed on no knowledge of the language, but would now like to think that I am reasonably proficient.

Is it too late to have my language proficiency amended?

Your comments would be gratefully received.

Worried applicant.