Urgent Landing

Old May 23rd 2005, 1:22 am
Just Joined

TONI Indonesia is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Urgent Landing

Anybody can help?

My friend will land in Toronto for 2 week and then back to China.
After 2 years, he will return to Toronto. And later, after receiving the PR card I will send the card to him. is it posible ?

What we worry about is that when he back to China what kind of document do they (the official at the airport) need? Do they need PR card or is the passport enough for them go back to China?

Thank you so much for your help.
Old May 23rd 2005, 1:38 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Urgent Landing

Originally Posted by TONI Indonesia
Anybody can help?

My friend will land in Toronto for 2 week and then back to China.
After 2 years, he will return to Toronto. And later, after receiving the PR card I will send the card to him. is it posible ?

What we worry about is that when he back to China what kind of document do they (the official at the airport) need? Do they need PR card or is the passport enough for them go back to China?

Thank you so much for your help.
No-one on a forum like this is likely to know what Chinese entry and exit requirements are for citizens. In most countries, the passport would be enough to secure readmission.

Will he need an exit visa to leave China a second time?

If he waits much longer than 2 years before returning, his PR will be gone (even if PR card is still valid). He must clock up 2 years in Canada in the first 5 years, so if he returns after three or more years his PR will likely be cancelled.

Jeremy
Old May 23rd 2005, 1:45 am
Just Joined

TONI Indonesia is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JAJ
No-one on a forum like this is likely to know what Chinese entry and exit requirements are for citizens. In most countries, the passport would be enough to secure readmission.

Will he need an exit visa to leave China a second time?

If he waits much longer than 2 years before returning, his PR will be gone (even if PR card is still valid). He must clock up 2 years in Canada in the first 5 years, so if he returns after three or more years his PR will likely be cancelled.

Jeremy

Thank you Jeremy,

I mean not at China entry, but at Toronto airport.
so, when he back from Toronto to china. do the official at Toronto airport ask him for the PR card ?
Old May 23rd 2005, 2:43 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TONI Indonesia
Thank you Jeremy,

I mean not at China entry, but at Toronto airport.
so, when he back from Toronto to china. do the official at Toronto airport ask him for the PR card ?
The PR Card is not required to *leave* Canada. There is no exit immigration control currently in Canada.

As far as coming back to Canada later is concerned:

As he does not have a visa-waiver passport, he will need the PR Card or a Travel Document to board any Canada bound flight.

Without that he won't even get as far as Immigration, as the airline will not allow him to fly.

Even if he had a visa waiver passport, arriving without a PR Card or Travel Document would mean a delay while his status was verified.

Jeremy