Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

URGENT!! IEC Partner accompany me to Canada

URGENT!! IEC Partner accompany me to Canada

Old Jan 9th 2012, 4:11 am
Just Joined

dayglo58 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default URGENT!! IEC Partner accompany me to Canada

I have a IEC visa from 2011, I have until 03/02/12 to get to Canada but my Partner had her visa cancelled due to a expired P.R card. My question is can she still come with me as I ticked the box saying "Will come to Canada with me" and included her photos, I understand she will not be able to work but will she be able to come with me for the year??? Thank you in advance for any feedback

Michael
Old Jan 9th 2012, 4:13 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: URGENT!! IEC Partner accompany me to Canada

Originally Posted by dayglo58
I have a IEC visa from 2011, I have until 03/02/12 to get to Canada but my Partner had her visa cancelled due to a expired P.R card. My question is can she still come with me as I ticked the box saying "Will come to Canada with me" and included her photos, I understand she will not be able to work but will she be able to come with me for the year??? Thank you in advance for any feedback

Michael
She *may* be able to enter on a visitor visa, but that's only for up to six months (note she could be given less). And of course there's no guarantee, all she can do is show up and see if she's given entry.

Not sure why an expired PR card has caused her to have an IEC visa cancelled though, is she still a PR?
Old Jan 9th 2012, 4:43 am
Just Joined

dayglo58 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the fast reply,
One more question, does she have to be there when I enter Canada before the 03/02/12 or can enter on my own to get my visa fly back to the Uk then return about 2 months later with my Partner??? Sorry for the questions just abit confused..

Many Thanks
Michael
Old Jan 9th 2012, 5:42 am
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
She *may* be able to enter on a visitor visa, but that's only for up to six months (note she could be given less). And of course there's no guarantee, all she can do is show up and see if she's given entry.

Not sure why an expired PR card has caused her to have an IEC visa cancelled though, is she still a PR?
Doesn't IEC allow partners to accompany now but only with no working rights and the legnth of stay is determined at the border? It is my understanding that they could grant a year of entry in this case if they are satisfied that the person could be supported without breaking any laws.
Old Jan 9th 2012, 9:39 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

HI

Originally Posted by christmasoompa

It would appear that the partner has (not sure from the post) had PR status and hasn't met the residency requirement. S/he is not going to be able to enter as a visitor, until s/he either relinquishes her PR status or is reported and appeals to the IAD.