Urgent Help Required!!

Old Jul 31st 2010, 5:10 am
Forum Regular

kamshaft is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Urgent Help Required!!

Hi guys,

I sent of my fsw1 application to sydney earlier this year and was given the green light to send my full application to London. The problem is that to gain my points (70/67) i put that i have family in Canada which i do, My uncle - dads brother. But he has now turned round and said that i cannot use him on my application (stupid family reasons!!), so that leaves me with 65 points, 2 short!!

Using my uncle now is not an option, will the London Canadian Immigration Office still accept my application with 2 points short if i explaint to them the situation?

Also i will be going to canada next week for a visit, dose anyone know a GOOD immigration lawyer in the toronto are who would help me out?

Thanks for the help

Last edited by kamshaft; Jul 31st 2010 at 5:13 am.
Old Jul 31st 2010, 5:25 am
Forum Regular

ready2go has a brilliant futureready2go has a brilliant futureready2go has a brilliant futureready2go has a brilliant futureready2go has a brilliant futureready2go has a brilliant future
Default Re: Urgent Help Required!!

If you claim points for a relative you will be asked to submit proof in the form of their canadian status ie passport or PR card copy and also credit or bank statments showing expenses from within Canada. That is what I was asked to do.

Without this evidence you may struggle to get the 5 points for family.If you already have this info then I doubt you will be questioned even if you are not on talking terms. Your relative is not sponsoring you so hopefully it should be a bit easier to convince CIC that he is your relative.

Can't advice on any immigration lawyers

Good luck anyway
Old Jul 31st 2010, 5:38 am
Forum Regular

if i can get hold of his birth cert. and a copy of his landing into canada documents, and submit them without his bank statements etc... would that be accepted?
Old Jul 31st 2010, 6:11 am
Forum Regular

ready2go has a brilliant futureready2go has a brilliant futureready2go has a brilliant futureready2go has a brilliant futureready2go has a brilliant futureready2go has a brilliant future

If I recall they did ask for tax or bank/credit statements from the last 6 months to prove the relative is actually present in Canada
Old Jul 31st 2010, 7:03 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ready2go
If I recall they did ask for tax or bank/credit statements from the last 6 months to prove the relative is actually present in Canada
is there anyway of me getting this information without his knowledge? im goin to toronto next week anyway ill speak to a lawyer there and see what they say etc...
Old Jul 31st 2010, 7:08 am
Forum Regular

AhmadQ is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi read2go,

1- What type of bank statements did they request?

2- Is presenting birth certificate & copy of the relative landing in addition to the bank statements will be enough to get the 5 points?

Thanks...
Old Jul 31st 2010, 7:15 am
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kamshaft
is there anyway of me getting this information without his knowledge? im goin to toronto next week anyway ill speak to a lawyer there and see what they say etc...
bank statements? Without his knowledge? Wouldn't that be a violation of privacy?
Old Jul 31st 2010, 8:13 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by AhmadQ
Hi read2go,

1- What type of bank statements did they request?

2- Is presenting birth certificate & copy of the relative landing in addition to the bank statements will be enough to get the 5 points?

Thanks...
1. just regular monthly statements from the bank showing monthly expenses.

2.copy of canadian passport or PR card and evidence of relation to you. You have to prove to cic how you are related. Use a family tree with the help of the bith certificate
Old Jul 31st 2010, 8:15 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Kiwilass
bank statements? Without his knowledge? Wouldn't that be a violation of privacy?
more seriously wouldn't that be illegal
Old Jul 31st 2010, 8:16 am
Forum Regular

more seriously wouldn't that be illegal
yes sorry didnt realise that!!! that would be impossible anyway lol
Old Jul 31st 2010, 8:21 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

No idea on the answer, but really sorry to hear this. Hope you can get it sorted.

If not, any chance of doing an immersion course in French to try and get the two points for basic level French?
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 2:37 am
Edo
BE Forum Addict

Edo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond repute

Cant you take a nice bottle of champaign for your uncle when you go to Canada next week? You never know, he may change his mind!
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 2:55 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Edo
Cant you take a nice bottle of champaign for your uncle when you go to Canada next week? You never know, he may change his mind!
what and smash it ova his head lol, im sure that will change his mind!!!!! hah only jokin