Urgent Help re GTF list

Old Mar 1st 2012, 6:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Geordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Urgent Help re GTF list

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Who says men are useless Excellent idea.
FL - Hubby just asked if I asked you specifically about serial numbers... then I saw that you had replied to the post and I was like "nah but he's replied on here so we will soon know"

How disappointed I was....

So do we need them? (Got them anyway!)
Old Mar 1st 2012, 11:38 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Geordie Lass
FL - Hubby just asked if I asked you specifically about serial numbers... then I saw that you had replied to the post and I was like "nah but he's replied on here so we will soon know"

How disappointed I was....

So do we need them? (Got them anyway!)

You should note that the OP's are coming on TWP, so legally they don't require a goods to follow list. As they are not "settlers" . As they are temporary residents their goods are admitted, but have to be removed at the end of their stay in Canada. They legally can't be sold in Canada. http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publicati...d2-2-1-eng.pdf
Old Mar 2nd 2012, 12:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

You should note that the OP's are coming on TWP, so legally they don't require a goods to follow list. As they are not "settlers" . As they are temporary residents their goods are admitted, but have to be removed at the end of their stay in Canada. They legally can't be sold in Canada. http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publicati...d2-2-1-eng.pdf
Thank you
Unfortunately some people get ahead of the game. They come on the TWP but know they will be applying for PR while they are here.
Unless you have a COPR you will not be treated as a Settler. If on a TWP you will be treated as a visitor.
This para causes the confusion in the way they interpret it
69. Prior to arrival in Canada, temporary residents are advised to prepare a listing in duplicate of all items to be imported temporarily, indicating the approximate values and serial numbers where applicable.