Urgent help needed re passport!

Old Mar 17th 2006, 5:41 am
BE Forum Addict

britishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Urgent help needed re passport!

Ok so i got my passport request and it says that they will get it back to me in the post within 30 business days ( im in Canada already) Now im due to fly to London in 51 days (cant afford to go for 2 weeks and hand it in) and I cant afford to wait till afterwards as they are only giving me 60 days to submit it.

Now heres my question is that 30 days about right? I know i saw one person get it back in 24 from Canada.

My other question is on my form i can have someone I nominate do it for me. How do i nominate such an individual is it the use of a representative form?

Also if i submit that by fax will it be added to my file by thursday for my dad to go do this for me?

Also i think im right in saying that I put a pre paid courier envelope in it they wont use it to send it back right? they will just use reg post?

Sorry for all the questions but im in a real quandry here.

And fyi I cant wait to go as im going for a wedding.

Last edited by britishvixen21; Mar 17th 2006 at 5:50 am.
Old Mar 17th 2006, 6:33 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Urgent help needed re passport!

Simply write authorization to drop off in person your passport and later pick it up with visa and landing documents for your father and sign it before notary. Then FedEx it together with your passport to your father ans ask him to take all to CHC London and then FedEx all back to you once collected.

Originally Posted by britishvixen21
Ok so i got my passport request and it says that they will get it back to me in the post within 30 business days ( im in Canada already) Now im due to fly to London in 51 days (cant afford to go for 2 weeks and hand it in) and I cant afford to wait till afterwards as they are only giving me 60 days to submit it.

Now heres my question is that 30 days about right? I know i saw one person get it back in 24 from Canada.

My other question is on my form i can have someone I nominate do it for me. How do i nominate such an individual is it the use of a representative form?

Also if i submit that by fax will it be added to my file by thursday for my dad to go do this for me?

Also i think im right in saying that I put a pre paid courier envelope in it they wont use it to send it back right? they will just use reg post?

Sorry for all the questions but im in a real quandry here.

And fyi I cant wait to go as im going for a wedding.
Old Mar 17th 2006, 6:44 am
BE Forum Addict

britishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
Simply write authorization to drop off in person your passport and later pick it up with visa and landing documents for your father and sign it before notary. Then FedEx it together with your passport to your father ans ask him to take all to CHC London and then FedEx all back to you once collected.
Thank you very much Andrew once again you are a wealth of information, if only i had posted here first before calling 3 different goverment agencys who were about as much use as boobs on a bull.
Thank you once again!
Old Mar 17th 2006, 12:33 pm
Just Joined

skay4dekov is an unknown quantity at this point

Was told in person when I was at CHC at the start of the month it would take two weeks by post upon receipt of passports to dispatching them back with visas in them. Sent our passports off last Thursday (09/03) from Scotland and got them back eight days later (ie yesterday, 17/03) by special delivery so it appears there is a fast turn around time at the moment.
HTH

BTW, visas are really shiny indeed!!!