Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Urgent : Advise required (Medical Req Recieved)

Wikiposts

Urgent : Advise required (Medical Req Recieved)

Old Aug 23rd 2006, 11:19 pm
Just Joined

reemavi is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Urgent : Advise required (Medical Req Recieved)

Dear Mr. Miller
Can me and my family go for medicals in India?
Although the case was submitted in London. But currently I am in India with my Family and will be back to UK in october.
The covering instruction letter says please undergo medical examination from DMP's in the enclosed list and the list is covering Europe and Middleeast region not Asia Pacific.

Please Advise.
Old Aug 24th 2006, 3:03 am
Ski Bum

SkiBum will become famous soon enoughSkiBum will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Urgent : Advise required (Medical Req Recieved)

Originally Posted by reemavi
Dear Mr. Miller
Can me and my family go for medicals in India?
Although the case was submitted in London. But currently I am in India with my Family and will be back to UK in october.
The covering instruction letter says please undergo medical examination from DMP's in the enclosed list and the list is covering Europe and Middleeast region not Asia Pacific.

Please Advise.
As the idea is to share info can you tell us your timeline - where and when you applied and what your AOR is? That helps the rest of us.

As for your question, my understanding is that you can do your medical at any DMP - however, be aware that if you are asked to return for further checks, you will have to go back to the original DMP, which may not be possible if you are travelling for a short period...
Old Aug 24th 2006, 5:56 am
Missing my family so much

H143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud of

You should be able to go for medicals where you are. DMPs are listed on the www.cic.gc.ca website for all countries.

All the best.
Old Aug 24th 2006, 6:37 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

HI

Originally Posted by H143
You should be able to go for medicals where you are. DMPs are listed on the www.cic.gc.ca website for all countries.

All the best.
And ensure the DMP sends the meds to London not Delhi.
Old Aug 24th 2006, 9:18 am
BE Forum Addict

kt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PMM
And ensure the DMP sends the meds to London not Delhi.
And hope that CHC London doesn't have any followup questions for your Indian doctor after you return to the UK..

K.
Old Aug 24th 2006, 9:04 pm
Just Joined

reemavi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kt0157
And hope that CHC London doesn't have any followup questions for your Indian doctor after you return to the UK..

K.
Thanks for sharing the information.

So finally I will be going to DMP in Delhi (India) ensuring Medicals sent to London. I am crossing my fingers as there should not be any more delays

Our time line : Applied Feb 2004
AOR : May 2004
Interview held Feb 06
Cic Medical request arrived Aug 2006 (Delayed beacuse of wife's Pregnancy).