Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

URGENT ADVICE REQUIRED!! Bunac to IEC

URGENT ADVICE REQUIRED!! Bunac to IEC

Old Jan 29th 2011, 12:27 am
Just Joined

denis1234 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default URGENT ADVICE REQUIRED!! Bunac to IEC

Hi Guys,

I am currently 5 months into my Canadian Bunac visa and I would like to stay another year. I have heard mixed opinions on the internet if it possible to apply for the working holiday visa with the IEC while on a Bunac visa? On the IEC website it only says particpants already on the IEC programme can not apply but does not mention Bunac. If I can apply would you recommend putting Canadian addresses, Canadian bank accounts, current Canadian work info etc on the application form or just put UK details?

Thanks in Advance for all of your responses.

Denis
Old Jan 29th 2011, 2:10 am
BE Enthusiast

chanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: URGENT ADVICE REQUIRED!! Bunac to IEC

Originally Posted by denis1234
Hi Guys,

I am currently 5 months into my Canadian Bunac visa and I would like to stay another year. I have heard mixed opinions on the internet if it possible to apply for the working holiday visa with the IEC while on a Bunac visa? On the IEC website it only says particpants already on the IEC programme can not apply but does not mention Bunac. If I can apply would you recommend putting Canadian addresses, Canadian bank accounts, current Canadian work info etc on the application form or just put UK details?

Thanks in Advance for all of your responses.

Denis
from the IEC website

"I'm currently in Canada as an IEC working holiday participant. Can I extend my current work permit, or do I have to apply again?

You cannot extend your work permit for a second year. In order to take part in the IEC initiative you will need to apply again, ensuring that you meet the new criteria. If you are accepted, you will have to leave Canada and re-enter with your new Letter of Introduction in order to be issued your new work permit."

you can apply if you on a bunac permit as long as you fulfil their eligibility requirements - you'll have to read through the website carefully. Be honest with your application details