Urgent advice please

Old Jan 30th 2013, 7:25 pm
Just Joined

Ajay2k12 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Urgent advice please

Hi

I am landing in Regina on a Sunday. Is it still possible to get workpermit at the airport on Sunday?

Can anyone suggest the documents I need to take with me in order to get the work permit at the port of entry. I don't have the letter from the high commission but I am British citizen.I understand with birtish passport one can get the work permit with the job offer and LMO.

Many thanks
Old Jan 30th 2013, 7:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Geordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Urgent advice please

Originally Posted by Ajay2k12
Hi

I am landing in Regina on a Sunday. Is it still possible to get workpermit at the airport on Sunday?

Can anyone suggest the documents I need to take with me in order to get the work permit at the port of entry. I don't have the letter from the high commission but I am British citizen.I understand with birtish passport one can get the work permit with the job offer and LMO.

Many thanks
Just to clarify you do have an LMO already yes? you aren't expecting to get that at the airport are you?
Old Jan 30th 2013, 7:54 pm
Just Joined

Yes I do have lmo
Old Jan 30th 2013, 8:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Geordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I do have lmo
All you need is your passport, LMO, letter from employer and $150 (more if you are getting a permit for your partner)

We took bank statements, police checks (which they looked at but they weren't necessary) finance stuff etc. None of it was needed.

Hope that helps.
Old Jan 30th 2013, 8:26 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

And just checking, but you don't require a medical? You can't apply at POE if you do.
Old Jan 30th 2013, 8:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
And just checking, but you don't require a medical? You can't apply at POE if you do.
OOps I always forget that bit!
Old Jan 30th 2013, 8:52 pm
Just Joined

Thank you very much for your replies.

Can you clarify. Sunday is not problem in getting the TWP?
Old Jan 30th 2013, 9:35 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Thank you very much for your replies.

Can you clarify. Sunday is not problem in getting the TWP?
Didn't you know that Canada closes all it's airports and border crossings on Sunday as it is a day of rest?
Old Jan 30th 2013, 9:42 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

Didn't you know that Canada closes all it's airports and border crossings on Sunday as it is a day of rest?
Play nice Big Boy.
Old Jan 30th 2013, 10:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

I was going to post something similar but thought it maybe a bit harsh. The questions I had before getting TWP at POE were frankly looking back on it downright ridiculous.
Old Jan 31st 2013, 6:50 am
Forum Regular

roflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really nice

Originally Posted by Geordie Lass
I was going to post something similar but thought it maybe a bit harsh. The questions I had before getting TWP at POE were frankly looking back on it downright ridiculous.
Just to add to what Geordie Lass has said (hi!), I asked the same (now seemingly) ridiculous questions before I came over, and it really is all worry for nothing.

My trip went a bit like this:-

* Landed at Vancouver, went to through the 'new residents/new workers' channel at passport control
* "Hi there - I have an LMO and I'd like to apply for a work permit please!", with my best smile on my face (hopefully not too creepy looking...)
* Passport stamped, sent to go get my bags and take a seat in secondary immigration
* Handed the LMO, job offer and passport over to the friendly Border Services Officer, asked a few simple questions - mostly it seemed to make sure I knew what job I was doing!
* Asked to take a seat, 10 minutes later called back to the desk, given a 3 year TWP and told to give the cashier round the corner some money

...and that was it.

Looking back, I've had more stress buying and registering my car than getting a TWP!

Good luck!
Old Jan 31st 2013, 7:36 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

Just for that, should be "its". No apostrophe.
Old Jan 31st 2013, 9:07 am
To infinity and Beyond !!

tattoo99 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Geordie Lass
All you need is your passport, LMO, letter from employer and $150 (more if you are getting a permit for your partner)

We took bank statements, police checks (which they looked at but they weren't necessary) finance stuff etc. None of it was needed.

Hope that helps.
Can i just clarify this ...I have paid $150 to the consulate in london for my visa ...do i still have to pay again on arrival
Old Jan 31st 2013, 9:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tattoo99
Can i just clarify this ...I have paid $150 to the consulate in london for my visa ...do i still have to pay again on arrival
If you have paid the $150 you should have received a letter asking you to show this to Immigration on arrival and on it should be your UCI number and work permit number U123456789.
Old Jan 31st 2013, 9:42 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tattoo99
No, it's only if you hadn't applied via the London visa office and were just turning up and getting your work permit on the spot.

HTH.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.