Urgent Advice needed

Old Aug 30th 2008, 7:02 pm
Forum Regular

chrisbryson is just really nicechrisbryson is just really nicechrisbryson is just really nicechrisbryson is just really nicechrisbryson is just really nicechrisbryson is just really nicechrisbryson is just really nicechrisbryson is just really nicechrisbryson is just really nice
Default Urgent Advice needed

Hi all, well I have been in Canada now for over a year. Came out on a study visa and got an excellent job in the summer break. Have done everything for Skilled worker PR, medicals etc (in June) just waiting for the request for passports.

Now the problem - I am due back at college no later than 12th Sept at a cost of $3000 which they will not refund once paid. Could also lose the good job. We check the post everyday and have emailed the embassy - but still nothing.

Anyone got any ideas that might help (I know I should be back at college and I am on a study visa, its my own fault etc) but if anyone has a good idea that could help then it would be appreciated.
Old Aug 30th 2008, 7:15 pm
Banned

Dukie has a brilliant futureDukie has a brilliant futureDukie has a brilliant futureDukie has a brilliant futureDukie has a brilliant futureDukie has a brilliant futureDukie has a brilliant future
Default Re: Urgent Advice needed

Originally Posted by chrisbryson
Hi all, well I have been in Canada now for over a year. Came out on a study visa and got an excellent job in the summer break. Have done everything for Skilled worker PR, medicals etc (in June) just waiting for the request for passports.

Now the problem - I am due back at college no later than 12th Sept at a cost of $3000 which they will not refund once paid. Could also lose the good job. We check the post everyday and have emailed the embassy - but still nothing.

Anyone got any ideas that might help (I know I should be back at college and I am on a study visa, its my own fault etc) but if anyone has a good idea that could help then it would be appreciated.
Canada gov very slow.
Old Aug 31st 2008, 1:50 am
Forum Regular

chrisbryson is just really nicechrisbryson is just really nicechrisbryson is just really nicechrisbryson is just really nicechrisbryson is just really nicechrisbryson is just really nicechrisbryson is just really nicechrisbryson is just really nicechrisbryson is just really nice

That was useful assistance ?
Old Aug 31st 2008, 3:23 am

Mrs Miggins is an unknown quantity at this point

Chris we are here through the SP route and did our meds in June and are waiting too, so I hear your misery dude, I really do.........

My college doesn't cut you off until Dec for fall payments, I always thought I had to pay the first week of the semester but I don't, so double check and check again, if you explain what situation you are in.

Good luck!
Mrs M x
Old Aug 31st 2008, 3:50 am
BE Enthusiast

SarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Urgent Advice needed

Hi there,

I've think you've done all you can for now as you've emailed to check on your progress.

I had my medical on 3rd June 2008 for Skilled Worker PR. It was done in Campbell River, BC and I managed to persuade the GP to send the results straight to London (instead of Ottawa which they do by default).

We had our letter requesting the photos and passports yesterday. Today we couriered everything to London, so they'll have it by next Friday. Then they'll process it for some time and send the passports back to us in September, hopefully.

So, going on our timescale, you might be getting your letter any day. Or you're case worker has been locked in a closet and no-one has noticed them MIA. There's so many variables.

That's a good tip that the other poster said about not having to pay your college fees straight away.

Good luck,

Sarah
Old Aug 31st 2008, 4:22 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for an uplifting response from both of you. I will go and speak to the International Office at the college next week and explain the situation - and also keep checking the post! If all fails I will have to say goodbye to the $3000 + and put it all down to part of the moving expense. Still we love it here, place is great, people are great just miss family and friends.